• 2(current)
[WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC
OSD

Keyboard
Nice views, never liked white in skins before but you have managed to make it look stunning clean and simple. well doneNod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Nice views, never liked white in skins before but you have managed to make it look stunning clean and simple. well doneNod

Thanks Paul Smile

I'd also like to point out that the compression that photobucket has applied to the full resolution pics really lacks the sharpness and clean lines of the raw art. Expect the actual skin to look much cleaner than these compressed jpgs. Wink

Also, I'm sure that it's already apparent that the skin will have native 1080p textures, just wanted to point it out just in case someone didn't notice. LOL
Arcanthur,

I am a really big fan of what you've got going on here so far, and I know you're a ways off from implementation. Could I make one request/suggestion?

Could the breadcrumbs at the top of the page/weather/time be turned on and off? Or maybe a optional version that are a little less intrusive on the look as a whole? Honestly that bar is my main complaint about Rapier as well.

Otherwise keep up the awesome work man, I can't wait to see this up and running!

Blacklist
blacklist Wrote:Arcanthur,

I am a really big fan of what you've got going on here so far, and I know you're a ways off from implementation. Could I make one request/suggestion?

Could the breadcrumbs at the top of the page/weather/time be turned on and off? Or maybe a optional version that are a little less intrusive on the look as a whole? Honestly that bar is my main complaint about Rapier as well.

Otherwise keep up the awesome work man, I can't wait to see this up and running!

Blacklist

Thanks for the critique. I can understand your opinion about the intrusiveness, but the top bar is an integral part of the skin as a whole. I have some thoughts on an option that may please you however; something of an autohide option, where the bar is only seen when needed/called upon.

Though, we'll have to see how development goes.
I agree on the fact that I would hide the top bar if it can be.
Don't know why it is needed actually, I just feel like it make the screen look smaller.

Otherwise it's a great skin, very clear, good looking, eye candy Big Grin
Love the 1080p textures.
Nce looking concept! The list view is extremely nice. I like that the entire skin utilize a rather big font, not everyone have eagle eyes or a big TV Smile

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Love the way this skin combines different ideas.

Also i have to say i love the home screen mockup, very different from what is seen in other skins.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Arcanthur Wrote:Thanks for the critique. I can understand your opinion about the intrusiveness, but the top bar is an integral part of the skin as a whole. I have some thoughts on an option that may please you however; something of an autohide option, where the bar is only seen when needed/called upon.

Though, we'll have to see how development goes.

I totally understand, and from a simplicity of design perspective and designing a skin that it is easy for new users to understand perspective, I think you are spot-on. I'm looking forward to seeing how this shapes up!
Check this out guys! http://teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=11
XBMCG33K Wrote:Check this out guys! http://teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=11

That reminds me, what happened to your idea of mars that we never saw a screenshot of? (Or at least I didn't)
Mars is no longer a skin however some of it's design aspects have been adapted in another project I'm working on. However this is not the thread for such talk this thread is for Fusion! A gorgeous skin I might add!
Yeah I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, should have send you a pm, beatiful skin concept though, arcanthur. I love that free flying list vies concept.
I like where this is going, reminds me a little of the pop secret website http://www.popsecret.com/
Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I've been busy with life stuff. Sad

Coding has started, going slow but well. Here is a pic of current progress:

This is a TV Show view for show titles. Its not 100% complete but most of it is in place.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC3