Problems with german Scrappers (due to bugs?)
hi everyone!

i'm just enjoying my xbmc setups one linux, one windows. you guys have done great work!
I think the most of you are using the english imdb scraper, which, i believe, is working fine.
But i'd like to use one of the (very rare) german scrapers. So i tried all of them and what i have to say is: none of them is doing (all) its work:

- ofdb: really works good, but it doesn't recognize all of my movies. i.e. "a knight's tale" isn't and "breaking and entering" also isn't recognized. Taking a look at the scraper.xml tells: the search-url is generated by using the bing-api. generating such a search string by hand is bringing up the same result: the movies aren't found. Isn't there another way then searching with the bing-api? A direct search on the ofdb-page bringts up many results, including the correct one.

- moviemaze: also works, but many movies are not in there database. So, i could scraped with ofdb and if it fails i give moviemaze a try. if and only if the movie is found on moviemaze, i have another problem there: the plot isn't scrapped, even if there is a plot for this movie in the database. so for me, moviemaze is unusable.

- so, lets try cinefacts: wow, everything works. not every title is in their database, but everything works fine, if a movie has been found. but wait: scraping more than one movie results in a strange fact: every scraped movie has the name, plot, cover, everything of the first scraped movie (even if during the search, in the list of search results, the title is correctly displayed). so, this is a big bug and...cinefacts is unusable.

- and finally there is filmstarts! i really dont know if it does the job, because they have such a small database with so few titles...unusable.

Ok, what i do is: take ofdb and cry if it does not work...but i dont want to cry any more! Please, be so kind, take some time and improve one of the german scrapers! If i had the time and skills, i would do it own my own, but i haven't and would brutally fail....

Bluddy
debug log needed. some of the issues should be already fixed in newer scraper versions.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I confirm, scrapper problem solved (at least the principal scrappers are back) since rev29433+

cheers
Bluddymarri Wrote:hi everyone!
If i had the time and skills, i would do it own my own, but i haven't and would brutally fail....

You'd be surprised of one's capability once he wants to Wink
Did i miss something? I installed the latest nightly build which is v28XXX. How to get the newer versions? Do i have to compile the newer version on my own?

Bluddy
vdrfan Wrote:debug log needed. some of the issues should be already fixed in newer scraper versions.

^
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Btw the german title of knights tale is "Ritter aus Leidenschaft" maybe thats a problem?
Hello, I'm a german user and I have problems using Filmstarts as a scraper for a few days, now.
When I search any movie, I don't get a result, no matter what I search for.
I recognised that filmstarts has a new page now, but the problem is not solved Sad
Can anybody help me?

------------------
sorry for my bad englisch
The filmstarts.de scraper is broken currently due to a site change.
Thanks for the fast answer.
Is there any information when the filmstarts scraper will work again?
Nybor Wrote:Thanks for the fast answer.
Is there any information when the filmstarts scraper will work again?

No ETA, sorry. I'll try to fix it this week.
Is there a filmstarts scraper fix now?
Would be very great =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with german Scrappers (due to bugs?)0