Would this be a decent remote?
I have looked around the boards a bit for remote options, and most people generally seem to go with the harmony one. However, at this point my media center setup is not really enough to demand sinking nearly $200 into a remote. So, I'm curious what some of the better lower end alternatives would be. I found the Noah Company MediaGate GP-IR02BK ($25) listed on Amazon as working directly out of the box with XBMC, but that's really the only one I have found (in addition to some mentions of the Firefly). Any additional recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
KFirth31 Wrote:I have looked around the boards a bit for remote options, and most people generally seem to go with the harmony one. However, at this point my media center setup is not really enough to demand sinking nearly $200 into a remote. So, I'm curious what some of the better lower end alternatives would be. I found the Noah Company MediaGate GP-IR02BK ($25) listed on Amazon as working directly out of the box with XBMC, but that's really the only one I have found (in addition to some mentions of the Firefly). Any additional recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm using an RCA universal remote, bought it in future shop for $20-$25 bucks (can't remember the model number offhand though). You can input the code to have it function as an MCE remote, and it works with my TV, cable box and receiver as well
see my sig for my remote. got it from newegg.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Would this be a decent remote?0