stack...problem - titles
I tend to name my files from a set of movies in this manner
moviename - #.avi
or
moviename - # - Extra Title.avi
To put them in the correct order when alphabetized. The problem I have is stack is turned on (not a problem till now) to put my Lord of the rings together (I had the 12 disc set, 2 discs per movie 2 special features per movie) and use stack to make it 3 "files" instead of 6, and it doesn't now like my naming convention...
I just added 4 new files
The Karate Kid - 1.avi
The Karate Kid - 2.avi
The Karate Kid - 3.avi
The Karate Kid - 4 - The Next Karate Kid.avi
The first three show up as The Karate Ki.avi (one file)
the last is correct, I tested different things and found that it is reading this as "disc 1/2/3". I got them to show up as normal by changing it to Karate Kids which showed all 4 as normal. Does anyone know a way around this problem without actually renaming the files? (tested removing the - or adding extra spaces, no dice)
Temporary solution (which puts the first three behind 4) to use ḑ instead of d.

Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance just for reading this far Big Grin.

Further searching (and yes I did search first before posting)
led me to this listing:
Wiki rulz btw
where I could add the default settings to advanced.xml then modify it as I saw fit. I didn't understand everything that was in it, but I knew enough Smile, my modified code (in advancedsettings.xml) is below:

<moviestacking>
<!-- <cd/dvd/part/pt/disk/disc> <0-N> -->
<!-- original here -- >
<!-- <regexp>(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck]|d)[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp> -->
<regexp>(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck]|dd)[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
<!-- <cd/dvd/part/pt/disk/disc> <a-d> -->
<regexp>(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck]|d)[ _.-]*[a-d])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
<!-- movienamea-xvid.avi, movienameb-xvid.avi -->
<regexp>(.*?)([ ._-]*[a-d])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
</moviestacking>
The only change is from |d to |dd which from my limited programming experience is "or d" to "or dd"
4 Xbox1's 500GB WD HD with XBMC-9.04.1-FIXED-BABYLON-T3CH (was PM3.HD 1080i but streaming larger files...PMIII in 720P)
2 Acer Revo 1600s 2gb ram 1.6 Ghz (yes, 1.6 single...sigh) -> Linux 2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu XBMC 9.11 R26018 (Influence 1080P)
Just started with DDS, one word, awesome!
.bat files for windows dds creating here (must have nvcompress installed)
The |d is what was getting you. If you don't use the simple "D1", "D2" convention to denote disk#'s, then just remove that entirely from the first two regexp's.

So your advancedsettings.xml should have this:
Code:
<moviestacking>
    <!-- <cd/dvd/part/pt/disk/disc> <0-N> -->
    <regexp>(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
    <!-- <cd/dvd/part/pt/disk/disc> <a-d> -->
    <regexp>(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*[a-d])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
    <!-- movienamea-xvid.avi, movienameb-xvid.avi -->
    <regexp>(.*?)([ ._-]*[a-d])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
  </moviestacking>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry for the trouble of answering, I found my answer about an hour later (and posted it in an edit). The advanced settings .xml i added a dd to that line so instead of d1 I would have to use dd1 to make it stack them. Thank you for the time you took to answer Smile.
4 Xbox1's 500GB WD HD with XBMC-9.04.1-FIXED-BABYLON-T3CH (was PM3.HD 1080i but streaming larger files...PMIII in 720P)
2 Acer Revo 1600s 2gb ram 1.6 Ghz (yes, 1.6 single...sigh) -> Linux 2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu XBMC 9.11 R26018 (Influence 1080P)
Just started with DDS, one word, awesome!
.bat files for windows dds creating here (must have nvcompress installed)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stack...problem - titles0