ATV SSHC builds and script error 126
Use quotes around the URL parameter to wget:
Code:
-bash-2.05b$ wget "http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=CW&P=OSX&R=30130"
--00:06:46--  http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=CW&P=OSX&R=30130
           => `index.html?mode=CW&P=OSX&R=30130'
Resolving www.sshcs.com... 72.167.131.44
Connecting to www.sshcs.com|72.167.131.44|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Object moved
Location: /xbmc/binaries/builds/XBMC_OSX_30130.tgz [following]
--00:06:48--  http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/binaries/builds/XBMC_OSX_30130.tgz
           => `XBMC_OSX_30130.tgz.1'
Reusing existing connection to www.sshcs.com:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 59,073,566 (56M) [application/x-compressed]

100%[=====================================================>] 59,073,566   618.43K/s    ETA 00:00

00:09:03 (427.18 KB/s) - `XBMC_OSX_30130.tgz.1' saved [59073566/59073566]

I had no trouble downloading the update script:
Code:
-bash-2.05b$ wget "http://files.dropbox.com/u/858897/XBMC/xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh"
--00:10:52--  http://files.dropbox.com/u/858897/XBMC/xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh
           => `xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh'
Resolving files.dropbox.com... 75.101.136.120, 75.101.142.97, 75.101.148.191, ...
Connecting to files.dropbox.com|75.101.136.120|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 4,649 (4.5K) [text/x-sh]

100%[=====================================================>] 4,649         --.--K/s

00:10:52 (103.69 KB/s) - `xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh' saved [4649/4649]

Installs okay:
Code:
-bash-2.05b$ chmod +x xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh
-bash-2.05b$ ./xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh XBMC_OSX_30130.tgz
Extracting download XBMC_OSX_30130.tgz
Installing from diskimage /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads/XBMC.dmg
Password:
Checksumming Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0)...
     Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0): verified   CRC32 $9007944B
Checksumming Apple (Apple_partition_map : 1)...
     Apple (Apple_partition_map : 1): verified   CRC32 $192420AB
Checksumming disk image (Apple_HFS : 2)...
...............................................................................................
          disk image (Apple_HFS : 2): verified   CRC32 $8E711CDA
Checksumming  (Apple_Free : 3)...
                    (Apple_Free : 3): verified   CRC32 $00000000
verified   CRC32 $5EEE380E
/dev/disk2              Apple_partition_scheme
/dev/disk2s1            Apple_partition_map
/dev/disk2s2            Apple_HFS                       /Volumes/XBMC
"disk2" unmounted.
"disk2" ejected.
osx_gl_fullscreen present in advancedsettings.xml

I initially had issues getting it to launch, was getting this error:
"Error: XBMC/Boxee exited with status: 6"

So I removed my existing install folder (/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC), reinstalled the new build, and it worked fine.

Note: I tried the update script with the newer build 30234, but ran into issues with the name of the dmg file not matching the expected name:
Code:
-bash-2.05b$ ./xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh XBMC_OSX_30234.tgz
Extracting download XBMC_OSX_30234.tgz
tar: XBMC.dmg: Not found in archive
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Installing from diskimage /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads/XBMC.dmg
Failed to find diskimage /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads/XBMC.dmg
Phreeze Wrote:Note: I tried the update script with the newer build 30234, but ran into issues with the name of the dmg file not matching the expected name:
Code:
-bash-2.05b$ ./xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh XBMC_OSX_30234.tgz
Extracting download XBMC_OSX_30234.tgz
tar: XBMC.dmg: Not found in archive
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Failed to find diskimage /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads/XBMC.dmg

oh crap. TeamXBMC changed the name of the DMG file the other day and now script needs to be updated to reflect the changes or if I have to I can just rename the dmg before it archives but that is not optimal. The most optimal is to get the script updated to deal with the new naming scheme Sad

the package maker now names it XBMC_for_Mac.dmg
it used to be named XBMC.dmg

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
screw it for tonight and until the script is updated I'm going to create a new OSX archive and get it uploaded with the old naming scheme.
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
I tried running the script from Launcher --> Downloads and it failed with the 126 error again.

Thanks Phreeze for the advice:

Quote:Use quotes around the URL parameter to wget

I was able to wget both xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh and XBMC_OSX_30234.tgz, but when I ran:

Code:
chmod +x xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh

./xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh XBMC_OSX_30324.tgz

There was an error because that darn XBMCLauncherDownloads folder was missing again. Now the strange thing is that I just checked earlier and it was there! Maybe when I try to run the script from Launcher and it errors, the folder gets deleted? Or maybe it deletes at hard reboot? Anyway, after I re-created the folder with WinSCP, everything installed fine.

I didn't have to remove the existing install folder or settings folder to install the new build.

Unfortunately, something is still screwy when you try to install the update from Launcher --> Downloads. Has this worked for anyone yet?

BTW, it's kind of annoying that skins are now installed in the main XBMC installation folder. When you do an update, that folder gets wiped and you have to move your skin over again. I imagine this is on purpose and will work correctly once XBMC is out of beta and the plug-ins are up and ready to go.
Hey TheQuestor,

sorry, I totally missed this thread.

The xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh is "hosted" in my Dropbox. I can change the file, but I guess it might be a better solution if you just host the update script on your machine. That way you can adapt it to your needs. Basically you'd just need to update the Info.asp and point the key "UpdateScript" to you own file instead of "http://files.getdropbox.com/u/858897/XBMC/xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh".

Please feel free to ask if this isn't clear.

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:Hey TheQuestor,

sorry, I totally missed this thread.

The xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh is "hosted" in my Dropbox. I can change the file, but I guess it might be a better solution if you just host the update script on your machine. That way you can adapt it to your needs. Basically you'd just need to update the Info.asp and point the key "UpdateScript" to you own file instead of "http://files.getdropbox.com/u/858897/XBMC/xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh".

Please feel free to ask if this isn't clear.

cheers,
mdd

What do I need to do?
In this script:
http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/info.asp

Change:
Code:
<key>UpdateScript</key>
<string>http://files.getdropbox.com/u/858897/XBMC/xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh</string>

To:
Code:
<key>UpdateScript</key>
<string>http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh</string>

(or wherever you want to place it)
Roger. I downloaded the xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh and put it in my root. I updated my info.asp to point to it.

Now that I see it, wasn't most of the compaints because of a missing folder?

#this is where to extract the above tar to
TEMP_STORAGE=/Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads
#this is what we expect in the TAR
DMG_NAME=XBMC.dmg

Should there not be a command to actually create the folder if it is not there thereby avoiding the missing folder error.

DMG_NAME=XBMC.dmg
Can now be changed to the proper XBMC_for_OSX.dmg so that part is easily fixed.

What I need to know is how this file is accessed? Do I need to add a mime type so that it downloads from my website to the local machine and from there it is executed?
it "should" be working now.
I tried to update this morning, but got that same 126 error. When I went to check to see if that /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads directory was missing, I discovered that the Caches folder was missing in Library! I recreated both directories with WinSCP and did a sudo reboot in PuTTY and tried again.

I opened up WinSCP to watch what it was doing. While it was downloading, I went into the /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches directory and noticed that the XBMCLauncherDownloads folder was gone, but there was a XBMCLauncherDownloads file in its place! It was growing in size, so it was the temp file that was being downloaded!

Needless to say, I got an Error 126 again when the download finished and the script tried to run.
This is probably being presumptuous of me, but I really want to help get this problem fixed for TheQuestor. Here's the xbmc-9.04_update_sshcs.sh file that TheQuestor is using for his build. Do any of the coders out there see a problem with it?

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#we get a tar'ed file as parameter, this is it
TAR_GZ_DOWNLOAD=$1
#this is where to extract the above tar to
#ignore errors from pre-existing dirs
mkdir /Users/frontrow/
mkdir /Users/frontrow/Library/
mkdir /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/
mkdir /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads
TEMP_STORAGE=/Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads
#this is what we expect in the TAR
DMG_NAME=XBMC.dmg
#this is the assembled path to the dmg
DISKIMAGE=$TEMP_STORAGE/$DMG_NAME

#extract the downloaded tar.gz
echo "Extracting download $TAR_GZ_DOWNLOAD"
if [ -e $TAR_GZ_DOWNLOAD ]; then
  PW="frontrow"
  tar -C $TEMP_STORAGE -xzf "$1" "$DMG_NAME"
else
  echo "Failed to find download $TAR_GZ_DOWNLOAD"
  exit -1
fi

echo "Installing from diskimage $DISKIMAGE"
# check that disk-image exists
if [ -e $DISKIMAGE ]; then
  PW="frontrow"

# check and store OSBoot read/write settings
  REMOUNT=0
  # Check if / is mounted read only
  if mount | grep ' on / '  | grep -q 'read-only'; then
    REMOUNT=1
    echo $PW | sudo -S /sbin/mount -uw /
  fi

# install xbmc app
  echo $PW | sudo -S hdiutil attach $DISKIMAGE
  #remove old app
  echo $PW | sudo -S rm -r /Applications/XBMC.app
  echo $PW | sudo -S rm -r /Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app
  #copy new one
  mkdir -p /Users/frontrow/Applications
  cp -r /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC.app /Users/frontrow/Applications/
  echo $PW | sudo -S hdiutil detach /Volumes/XBMC
  #symlink to /Applications
  echo $PW | sudo -S ln -s /Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app /Applications/

# handle any post-install items here
  # perl to bash convertion of postflight script pending
  if [ ! -d /Users/frontrow/Movies ]; then
    echo $PW | sudo -S mkdir /Users/frontrow/Movies
    echo $PW | sudo -S chown frontrow:frontrow /Users/frontrow/Movies
  fi
  if [ ! -d "/Users/frontrow/Video Playlists" ]; then
    echo $PW | sudo -S mkdir "/Users/frontrow/Video Playlists"
    echo $PW | sudo -S chown frontrow:frontrow "/Users/frontrow/Video Playlists"
  fi
  if [ ! -d /Users/frontrow/Music ]; then
    echo $PW | sudo -S mkdir /Users/frontrow/Music
    echo $PW | sudo -S chown frontrow:frontrow /Users/frontrow/Music
  fi
  if [ ! -d "/Users/frontrow/Music Playlists" ]; then
    echo $PW | sudo -S mkdir "/Users/frontrow/Music Playlists"
    echo $PW | sudo -S chown frontrow:frontrow "/Users/frontrow/Music Playlists"
  fi
  if [ ! -d /Users/frontrow/Pictures ]; then
    echo $PW | sudo -S mkdir /Users/frontrow/Pictures
    echo $PW | sudo -S chown frontrow:frontrow /Users/frontrow/Pictures
  fi

if [ ! -d /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs ]; then
    echo $PW | sudo -S mkdir -p /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs
    echo $PW | sudo -S chown frontrow:frontrow /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs
  fi

if [ ! -d "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/" ]; then
      mkdir -p "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/"
  fi

#add advancedsettings for better h.264 experience
  AVDSETTINGS_PATH="/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml"
  if [ ! -e "$AVDSETTINGS_PATH" ]; then
      echo "<advancedsettings><skiploopfilter>8</skiploopfilter><osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen></advancedsettings>" >> "$AVDSETTINGS_PATH"
  else
      #fix typo that was present up to r212
    sed -e s/sliploopfilter/skiploopfilter/g -i "" "$AVDSETTINGS_PATH"
    #update with osx_gl_fullscreen
    #check if its there
    grep -q osx_gl_fullscreen "$AVDSETTINGS_PATH"
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        echo "osx_gl_fullscreen present in advancedsettings.xml"
    else
        echo "osx_gl_fullscreen not present, adding it to advancedsettings.xml"
        sed -e s#\</advancedsettings\>#\<osx_gl_fullscreen\>true\</osx_gl_fullscreen\>\</advancedsettings\>#g -i "" "$AVDSETTINGS_PATH"
    fi
  fi

#d4rk said this is already done in installer; do it anyway, can't hurt
  echo $PW | sudo -S chown -R frontrow "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC"
  if [ -e "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/Remote Buddy" ]; then
    echo $PW | sudo -S chown -R frontrow "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/Remote Buddy"
  fi

#delete xbmchelper it's not used on ATV
  if [ -e /Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/osx/XBMCHelper ]; then
      echo $PW | sudo -S rm /Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/osx/XBMCHelper
  fi
  # clean up
  if [ -h /Users/frontrow/Movies/XBMC ]; then
      # something makes this symlink during install so zap it.
      echo $PW | sudo -S rm /Users/frontrow/Movies/XBMC
  fi

#remove the extracted dmg
  rm $DISKIMAGE

#sync to disk, just in case...
  /bin/sync

# restore OSBoot read/write settings
  if [ "$REMOUNT" = "1" ]; then
    echo $PW | sudo -S /sbin/mount -ur /
  fi

exit 0
fi

echo "Failed to find diskimage $DISKIMAGE"
exit -1

I'm not a programmer, but I can see at the beginning where it creates the paths. On my AppleTV though, the Cache folder was somehow deleted and the new directories weren't created. Plus, instead of creating the XBMC_OSX_30260.tgz file, it created a file called XBMCLauncherDownloads (no extension) in the Cache directory.
The install script is run once the download has finished. So it won't help to create the folders inside the install script.

I could not find console.log of any install that failed in this thread. Someone able to post one? That might help.

@Kevin:
What Launcher version are you using?

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
I'm using Launcher 3.2.4.

I deleted the existing xbmc.log and CrashReporter.log, did a sudo reboot and tried downloading the nightly build again. I got Error 126 after it finished downloading, but I looked and there was no xbmc.log, CrashReporter.log or console.log generated. I've never seen a console.log on my AppleTV. In fact, there is no Console folder in /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs. Is there something I need to do to "activate" the generation of console.log?
At least the direct download from the site is now working. Just not as convenient as using the script but still works.
KevinSartori Wrote:I'm using Launcher 3.2.4.
hm, that one should have the fix....

Quote:I deleted the existing xbmc.log and CrashReporter.log, did a sudo reboot and tried downloading the nightly build again. I got Error 126 after it finished downloading, but I looked and there was no xbmc.log, CrashReporter.log or console.log generated. I've never seen a console.log on my AppleTV. In fact, there is no Console folder in /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs. Is there something I need to do to "activate" the generation of console.log?

check davilla's signature, it has the path to console.log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV SSHC builds and script error 1260