Alaska and XBox
The skin has always worked well on my xbox, but lately it stopped opening movie files and most recently tv shows too. It seems to hang up on the loading. I'm using the latest nightly build and github of alaska. Any thoughts on what it could be hanging up on?
Basically I'd put it down to the fact that it's more complete now and there's more features that push the skin.
I'd like to make an xbox friendly version with some of the advanced options disabled. Any clue on where to start?
Would be great to have a version of the latest skin that works on an xbox. The free memory in poster view is only about 2 to 4 Mbs off allowing videos to run (with graphics in an xpr) so it seems it wouldn't need much of a tweak. Any hints as to what cuts/changes might free up that little bit of memory?
Using XBMC since way back, XBMP days!
LatestAdded for starters.
dratstab, I'm gonna mess with some scripts and see if I can cut out what I can and get it working again. Let me know if you find anything. Lets see if we can get a nice copy working on the xbox. =)
The best way to make a skin xbox friendly is to make some skinoptions to hide views for each catogory.
This way you'll gain a lot of free memory and exactly were you wanted.

I made these settings for MiniMeedia Waffa! And MediaStream-x.
See for yourself how well it works and feel free to copy the skinsettings into Alaska.
Waffa Wrote:The best way to make a skin xbox friendly is to make some skinoptions to hide views for each catogory.
This way you'll gain a lot of free memory and exactly were you wanted.

I made these settings for MiniMeedia Waffa! And MediaStream-x.
See for yourself how well it works and feel free to copy the skinsettings into Alaska.

I was actually going to seek you out Waffa for some help. I tried last night and made a mess of things lol. I'm familiar with you xbox friendly versions of mediastream and minimedia. Smile I'll check out the settings and try again, any more suggestions would rock thanks waffa!
just curious if this progressed anywhere as im a xbox user and would love to use this beautiful skin on it...
grupy Wrote:just curious if this progressed anywhere as im a xbox user and would love to use this beautiful skin on it...

i was pretty much gonna ask the same thing. i cant believe how well that old xbox still runs xbmc
i guess scaling textures down would be a good thing too.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
found this http://xbmc-xbox-skins.googlecode.com/fi...100308.zip

looks good too, little glitchy but it works
lots of my files wont play in this skin, when they did in others. real shame cos it looks great
meathane Wrote:found this http://xbmc-xbox-skins.googlecode.com/fi...100308.zip

looks good too, little glitchy but it works

meathane Wrote:lots of my files wont play in this skin, when they did in others. real shame cos it looks great

Ive been fiddling around with the latest version on my xbox. And while the interface is awesome, its much too glitchy to be running as a solid skin. Best luck I've had with xbox skins are definitely Confluence, Aeon lite (xbox specific), and of course the standard PM3.
Try Alaska Revisited because I've made a specific Xbox version (and I'm using it myself with no problems).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska and XBox0