How does playing/queuing folders in filemode works?
Hi
After giving back my Motorola Milestone in january early this year because of hardware problems I am now owner of a HTC Desire and try out the brand new version of Android XBMC Remote (v0.7).
I only hear music with my XBMC because I have no TV in my living room, only a small (13 inch) Monitor to selecting/queueing mp3s. All my mp3s are sorted in an optimal file structure for my purposes so I do not use database mode but only file mode.

Could somebody explain me how to enqueue a whole folder or a single file with Andriod XBMC remote? There is a context menu if I longpress on a folder showing 2 menu items:
- enqueue folder
- play folder
But when selecting one of these items nothing happensSad How is the trick to get it working?

And another point: when I longpress on a single file (not folder) then the same context menu appears (which also doesnt work). The menu have to be
- enqueue file
- play file

Hope someone can help me because I need this items working.

Best regards
Jarny

PS: Sorry for my poor english
Hardware:
1) PointOfView Intel Atom 330 Mainboard
2) Scenic-PC (2.9 GHz) with onboard Intel-Graphic 915g
Uhm "Play Folder" is something i should have commented out, it actually does nothing. Wink
"Queue Folder" is borked from XBMC side. You have to have an active playlist. Meaning something has to be playing or being paused. Otherwise this command will do nothing.
Either we find a good workaround for the XBMC problems or it will work when JSON RPC is ready.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
Ah ok! Thanks for reply.
So I have to wait anymore for this feature. I hope you find a workaround soon or the next version of XBMC comes in a few weeks with full JSON RPC support.Wink

Regards
Jarny

*Edit* I forgot to say thank you for this nice piece of software. Good work
Hardware:
1) PointOfView Intel Atom 330 Mainboard
2) Scenic-PC (2.9 GHz) with onboard Intel-Graphic 915g
I don't know if it has been implemented now in one of the recent releases, but I can not play a folder with subfolders of pictures.

I am running 0.8.8-beta1 and if I intend to play a folder containing subfolders filled with pictures I press on the main folder until the "Play folder" "Queue folder" appears. Choosing then "Play folder" makes a message appear on the remote/phone like "X:\path folder playing". My XBMC would exit all running processes and end up at the start screen, but doing nothing.

So, is this function meant to work or is it just a remainder? Would be very handy to have it since many of my photo albums are organized with subfolders.

Cheers,
HOLSTEN

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does playing/queuing folders in filemode works?0