Help?!?: Video Settings For Specific Files. [ZOOM ETC.]
I'm setting up a NAS to share media to XBMC across three different platforms; linux, Windows and Apple.

My worry is, how will my vital video & audio settings for specific files be saved and work across all platforms?

e.g. With DVD ISO's & TV Show rips I have allot of specific zoom amounts configured.

Could someone clear this up for me??

I would love to hear you can save this information alongside video files so across all platforms the same settings apply. (Like meta data and .nfo)

Also what about Subtitles?? how can I make sure a subtitle track is enabled whenever someone play's a specific Movie on any one of the platforms? (District 9 for example)

Please excuse my ignorance if this query lacks the correct terminology and is well documented elsewhere...
Thanks in advance for any help or guidance...
Your settings for those types of things are saved in each PC's db. So if you copy your db from one box to another it will keep the settings I believe. But once you add new files you will need to set them up on each box or keep copying the db and thumbs and covers etc over.

I think that is how it works. Correct me if I am wrong anyone.
Settings are saved per file, in the video database, in the settings table. But, I'm not sure if it includes the external subtitle file in the settings database. And as far as I know, theses settings are not exported or imported from external nfo/xml alongside the media files. The settings may be exported if you export as a single xml file, however.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help?!?: Video Settings For Specific Files. [ZOOM ETC.]0