Adding Non-Existant Shows To The Library
I was just doing some testing and added a file 'tvshow.nfo' describing the show 'Dancing With The Stars'. Once I'd finished, I deleted the .nfo file and related folder, and deleted it from the library.

However, whenever XBMC updates its library, it still seems to find 'Dancing With The Stars'. It doesn't find any episodes, but still adds the TV Show. It even says it can be found at the folder
Code:
Z:\Videos\Dancing With The Stars
which doesn't exist.

I don't think there's any files to be found on the hard drive which should cause XBMC to find the show. Could I be missing something that XBMC might have created? How can I stop XBMC from 'finding' this show?
Clean the library
Jimcando Wrote:I was just doing some testing and added a file 'tvshow.nfo' describing the show 'Dancing With The Stars'. Once I'd finished, I deleted the .nfo file and related folder, and deleted it from the library.

However, whenever XBMC updates its library, it still seems to find 'Dancing With The Stars'. It doesn't find any episodes, but still adds the TV Show. It even says it can be found at the folder
Code:
Z:\Videos\Dancing With The Stars
which doesn't exist.

I don't think there's any files to be found on the hard drive which should cause XBMC to find the show. Could I be missing something that XBMC might have created? How can I stop XBMC from 'finding' this show?

Try manually cleaning the library from System\Video\Library\Clean Library. I don't think xbmc automatically cleans the library unless the cleanonupdate command is included in an advancedsettings xml file - see the wiki for further information - re set-up and placement. Update is all xbmc is doing ie looking for new content not cleaning as well.
Manually clean the library. Cleanonupdate is disabled by default because clean removes items from the library if the associated file is inaccessible for *any* reason (disconnected usb drive, network problem, computer shutdown, etc.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Non-Existant Shows To The Library0