XBMC on PS3
hey guys is it possible to run XBMC on a PS3? i figure i can boot ubuntu and then run XBMC but i am a newb to xbmc. is this even possible? is it worth it or should i buy a pc devoted to media and run it there? if the latter is better can i run XBMC and freeNas on the same unit?
effing no. effing search. freenas runs freebsd, xbmc does not run on freebsd.
spiff Wrote:effing no. effing search. freenas runs freebsd, xbmc does not run on freebsd.
well effing put only a retard would want xbmc on a effing shitty ps3
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
=( i'm not a retard lol but i am a complete newb. i figured that i couldnt install it on a ps3 but it was worth a shot. well here is my plan and i need help. i have four 1.5 TB drives and i want NAS server. but i also want XBMC so i can stream from the NAS. what would be the best way to do this? it seams that i cant combine both and have to get separate machines is that correct? what is the best machine to run XBMC on. and can i stream from a NAS to XBMC? or is it better to just run seperate drives for multimedia? thanks for the help and retard comments =)
XBMC doesn't care where your media is. You can have separate machines if you like, or use one machine if you like. It's completely up to you.

As to what the best machine to run XBMC is, search. It's been covered many, many times.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on PS30