Music Videos | Music Videos | Music Videos
Lightbulb 
I am starting to compile a music video collection and would appreciate some help setting up my collection in xbmc. I’ve been trying to find info around but searches and wiki still have me stumped. There isn't a dedicated music video setup/help thread so I thought we could start here.

So here I go...

Folder structure
For those of you with large collections how do you sort your files? I currently have separate folders for each letter of the alphabet and a 0-9 folder. Songs are placed inside based on artist name. Naming convention I am using is artist – song (example.. Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way.mpg)

Scraping / NFO’s
I plan to create custom NFO’s based on the wiki guide here.I tried using the scrapers but most of the info was way off the mark. As I am just starting out this won’t be a major time issue.

I am wondering what to do with songs that have multiple artists. An example is “Dido feat. Eninem - Stan.mpg”. Any ideas?

Artists - Can I add info about the band members in the NFO? Thinking kind of like the <actors> tag for movies. Examples would be the artist Fergie who appears solo and as a member of the Black Eyed Peas.

Music Lyrics
I have lyrics for a few of the videos. How do I use them?

Well that’s all for now. I am grateful for any insights from people who have been using the music video feature.

Thanks.Cool
file names are just like what we expect.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp..._nfo_Files
that's all that is supported. you can have multiple <artist> tags.

we don't support lyrics for videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Videos | Music Videos | Music Videos0