How to reflect changed filenames in XBMC?
Exclamation 
Hi all,

I am running XBMC on my Windows 7 machine. My music and video collection is stored on an external hard drive. I have already added all my media to the XBMC library.

Today, I came across an XBMC helper (MediaRenamer) to rename the filenames of my TV Shows to include the Episode name etc. I know that if I go ahead and rename all the episodes then next time I update my XBMC library everything will get added again because of the changed filenames, so I will have double everything and half won't work because XBMC can't find the files with the old filenames (currently TV Show.S01E01.avi etc).

I have a collection of almost 50 TV Shows (almost 1tb of media), so I don't want to have to add my entire collection as a new Library as it will take forever! Is there anyway to let XBMC know that the filenames have changed but the actual files are all still there? Or something like that...

I hope you can understand what I'm saying and I would really appreciate any help Smile

Thanks in advance,

Jack
Not really mate - dependant on the current naming structure - then if they have already been scraped properly, the addition of the episode name, won't give a second entry - it will merely overwrite the current one. With regard to shows/episodes not being scraped correctly - you wanna provide some further details ie folder/file structure, naming convention - maybe we can save you renaming your whole collection, unless that's what you want to do?

EDIT sorry misread the post you will have a second file - see kraqh3d's reply below
Use Clean Library afterward to remove the old items that have been renamed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
For that you'd want to directly update XBMC's database, I haven't looked at it but maybe this helps.

XBNE - An editor for the video database
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59800
@steelman1991 I do actually want to rename the filenames of the episodes to include the episode name, but thanks for your input Smile

@kragh3d So if I rename all my files, then update my XBMC Library and end up with duplicate episodes, I can just use Clean Library to automatically sort it out? Nice one, Thanks for that mate Smile

@adsoto I will take a look at XBNE if the clean library feature doesn't do the job, thanks very much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to reflect changed filenames in XBMC?0