How to restart XBMC from remote ?
Specifically, I need to force XBMC to recognize new display device.
Shutdown action in XBMC is defined as Suspend, so when I press "Power Toggle" button on my remote it does suspend.
I use Logitech 525, and assigned one of the not-used commands to call XBMC.RestartApp function (using remote.xml or something like this).
It works, but even after restart it uses old resolution. If I kill XBMC from the shell, and restart it - it fetches new resolution. So apparently RestartApp leaves something in the air ...
I don't want to shutdown and reboot my HTPC, only to kill and restart XBMC itself (or force it in any other way to read new resolution from attached display device)
I came with a solution using lirc and irexec.

The config file for lirc below allows a button sequence to be pressed to kill and start xbmc. Pressing Red then Blue kills xbmc (xbmc-live seems to restart it as soon as it is killed). Pressing Red then Yellow starts xbmc-live (just in case killing it didn't restart it). The final section of the configuration ensures that pressing Red, any other button, then Blue/Yellow does not cause kill/start xbmc.

/etc/lirc/lircrc
Code:
begin
        button = Red
        mode = controls
        flags = quit
end

begin controls
begin
        button = Blue
        prog = irexec
        config = killall xbmc