when to upgrade to lucid?
Hello,

I set up my Nvidia ION based HTPC about 9 months ago, by installing a minimal Jaunty base and then xbmc-live.

It works OK, but I've a few problems which I've like to sort out, and I figure I might as well do a clean install of Lucid when the time comes. The main advantage of running Lucid would be that I wouldn't need to compile and install alsa manually to get HDMI audio working (Lucid looks to have a new enough version), and that it has long term support.

All I'm really after is some advice on:
* how long I should wait before doing a clean install with Lucid / how long would I need to wait for a stable build of xbmc for Lucid
* that the version of alsa in Lucid will allow me to have HDMI audio working out of the box
* whether there any known issues with the ION / vdpau drivers, and whether I should use the packages in the ubuntu repository for the nvidia-vdpau ppa

Thanks in advance,
Jon
Good questions. I'd like to know the same, plus:

- when can we expect a new lucid live cd? like 1-2 months after the release?
jonhewer Wrote:Hello,

All I'm really after is some advice on:
* how long I should wait before doing a clean install with Lucid / how long would I need to wait for a stable build of xbmc for Lucid
* that the version of alsa in Lucid will allow me to have HDMI audio working out of the box
* whether there any known issues with the ION / vdpau drivers, and whether I should use the packages in the ubuntu repository for the nvidia-vdpau ppa

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Lucid and 9.11svn works with a few minor issues. The MythBox plugin doesn't work and I'm having trouble getting Launcher going. Videos and TV Shows works fine as well as the built in Mythtv frontend. HDMI (Intel g45) audio did work for me but the mixer does not set it as the default. You have to select it in XBMC or create an asound.conf file. Can't help with the vdpau...I have a 7800GT sitting in a box just in case the built in video had problems but so far everything is great.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Dobyken Wrote:Lucid and 9.11svn works with a few minor issues. The MythBox plugin doesn't work and I'm having trouble getting Launcher going. Videos and TV Shows works fine as well as the built in Mythtv frontend. HDMI (Intel g45) audio did work for me but the mixer does not set it as the default. You have to select it in XBMC or create an asound.conf file. Can't help with the vdpau...I have a 7800GT sitting in a box just in case the built in video had problems but so far everything is great.

a couple of questions...

- Are you installing xbmcsvn from this ppa (otherwise: from where?)?
https://edge.launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-sv...lter=lucid

- Does the "Navi-X" plugin work in your 9.11svn installation?
(I find this is by far the most used plugin in my setup)

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
when to upgrade to lucid?0