XBMC Live with FTP server?
Hi,

I love the idea of XBMC live and a while ago I had a try with it.

Where I came unstuck was that it didn't have an FTP server so I really struggled to get my media onto the box.

I was wondering if that had changed recently or whether there's a guide anywhere explaining how I could get an FTP server installed on it?

Or maybe an alternative method of getting media files onto the box?

Thanks in advance for any help.
It has an sftp server installed if I understand it correctly. Don't use it myself.
It does. It's actually sFTP, which is probably where you ran into problems. FileZillia connects to sFTP just fine - there's a few other free SFTP programs as well. All you need is your XBMC/ubuntu login/password and you can access the entire drive. Port is standard SFTP port not FTP port, 22?
Izod517 Wrote:It does. It's actually sFTP, which is probably where you ran into problems. FileZillia connects to sFTP just fine - there's a few other free SFTP programs as well. All you need is your XBMC/ubuntu login/password and you can access the entire drive. Port is standard SFTP port not FTP port, 22?

I've found this is the best way to send files to your XBMC over a network.
I agree, well kind of. I also have my XBMC harddrive mapped via SMB in my windows box. So for small file transfers or CFG edits, etc - that's probably the best. But for any large scale file transfers sFTP is by far the best way to get the files to where they need to be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live with FTP server?0