Scraper takes forever to finish + other
I just installed XBMC on this machine..

The idea was to use XBMC to play my files from the NAS onto my projector connected to this PC.
I was able to add the files from the NAS (Synology DS410j) to the XBMC, but when trying to use Library mode, and scrape info about the movies from either TMBd or IMDb, it take FOREVER to finish, and comes up with just rubbish. Mostly ".45", "44 inch chest", "48 hours"... which is kind of odd.
Eventhough my files have sensible namings.

The other problem I have is that the video playback is completely blank! It is just white. Whereas whenever I play the same video file in MPC Home Cinema, it shows just fine...
Any clues?
You have a graphics card not capable of the shaders we use by the sounds of things. I'm guessing ATI.

The scraper takes ages as your graphics driver busy waits on flip, so the main thread is always sitting at 100% waiting for the GPU to do it's thing. Try playing with <sleepbeforeflip> in advancedsettings.xml (see the wiki) or playing with the "use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option.

As for your scraping issues, it's guaranteed to be the way you have your files and setup the scrapers. i.e. you probably did something wrong.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

You are absolutely correct in that I have an ATI card (RADEON 9200 series).
I have played with the "use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option to no avail.

I will try with the advancedsettings.xml, even though it is not mentioned in the wiki. Somehow, I have the feeling it will not work.

On the scraping, my test files are typically named Bolt[2008]Dvdrip or Cars[2006]Dvdrip, and the files is in a folder named the same.
(NAS/Cars[2006]Dvdrip/Cars[2006]Dvdrip.avi)

The way I set up the scraping is:
I add the videos as an UPNP source, and give it a name.
I right click on the name.
I click "Set Content"
I select "This directory contains Movies"
I select "themoviedb.org"
I select "Scan recursively"
Sometimes I select "Run automated scan"
Sometimes I select "Use folder names for lookups"

Should I do it differently?
Thanks a lot for the reply.

You are absolutely correct in that I have an ATI card (RADEON 9200 series).
I have played with the "use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option to no avail.

I will try with the advancedsettings.xml, even though it is not mentioned in the wiki. Somehow, I have the feeling it will not work.

On the scraping, my test files are typically named Bolt[2008]Dvdrip or Cars[2006]Dvdrip, and the files is in a folder named the same.
(NAS/Cars[2006]Dvdrip/Cars[2006]Dvdrip.avi)

The way I set up the scraping is:
I add the videos as an UPNP source, and give it a name.
I right click on the name.
I click "Set Content"
I select "This directory contains Movies"
I select "themoviedb.org"
I select "Scan recursively"
Sometimes I select "Run automated scan"
Sometimes I select "Use folder names for lookups"

Should I do it differently?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper takes forever to finish + other0