[AppleTv] Extreme pixelation with CrystalHD
Never had any issues on 720p I played SinCity which has got lots of black and white. No issues with ARB shaders other than of course dropping frames with CrystalHD I have pixelation to the max
Mediainfo attached
Don't understand where this is coming from!!!
Video
ID :
Format :
AVC
Format/Info :
Advanced Video Codec
Format profile :
[email protected]
Format settings, CABAC :
Yes
Format settings, ReFrames :
10 frames
Muxing mode :
Container [email protected]
Codec ID :
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration :
2h 21mn
Bit rate :
4 980 Kbps
Nominal bit rate :
5 108 Kbps
Width :
1 280 pixels
Height :
688 pixels
Display aspect ratio :
Frame rate :
23.976 fps
Resolution :
8 bits
Colorimetry :
4:2:0
Scan type :
Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) :
Stream size :
4.93 GiB (75%)
Writing library :
x264 core 67 r1139M 1024283
Encoding settings :
cabac=1 / ref=10 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy_rd=1.9:0.5 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=2 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / mbaff=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / rc=2pass / bitrate=5108 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:0.80
Might just be the file. 10 reference frames is pretty high and might be pushing the limits of the Crystal HD decoder. In my experience crazy pixelation is often the first artifact you see when the Crystal HD is pushed a little too far.
Nope it's a 720p file can take easily up to 20 reference frames in fact it only drops few frames when using ARB shaders for rendering without crystalHD
I would understand if it was doing the same without crystalhd but actually plays nearly ok so must no be that difficult to digest
besides when it has problems with ref frames it stutters but no pixelation occurs
nothing obvious in the log either!!!
Davilla?
CrystaHD has a limit of 10 reference frames. If you actually read the H264 spec, H264 encoding with more than 10 reference frames is not correct. There are people out there doing very silly things with H264 encoders.
Ok maestro but this has 10 reference frames in fact!!
Some other feature giving problems??
OK redone with 4 it works.
So am I correct saying that it does not even get to 10 but maybe does 9?
I came across a file last week that was causing extreme pixelation but after looking at the media info I couldn't work out why, it seems to be within the specs. I don't normally get files from the web but this release came with special stylized subs that I wanted for my bluray. From what I can understand it comes from one of the more "respectable" sources.
MediaInfo
XBMC log
In my experience (Crystal HD on Windows) anything above 5 reference frames causing unwatchable video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTv] Extreme pixelation with CrystalHD0