[How To] Mininmal Install Lucid - pvr-testing2 with VDR VNSI plugin & VDPAU support
kbios Wrote:I have only a question before starting: is sasc support (to use legitimate smartcard and see paytv) currently working here? I've seen some posts about a sasc vdr plugin, but nothing specific to yavdr (I mean xbmc interface to vdr).
Thanks for any help

I've never tried but i'm sure someone could answer this
Press THANK USER if I Help
i wish only opensc could work with it.but still no luck ......
unfortunely xbmc vdr is not able yet to replace a sat decoder
Ok, I've decided to try it myself anyway. I've installed xbmc, vdr and vdr-plugin-vnsi from yavdr testing ppa. I find XBMC wonderful, very professional and reactive. But I cannot find an essential option: enable pvr client. I've checked all the possible options both in english and italian, with the confluence and pm-hd skin... either I'm getting blind or something is wrong here. Could someone post a screenshot to highlight that setting? Thanks
did u do this?

sudo apt-get install xbmc-live -y
the option to enable the vnsi plugin for vdr is in the settings under addons then pvr
I just wanted to let you know that we have released yaVDR 0.2 today, based on Ubuntu Lucid. More infos can be found here: http://www.yavdr.org/blog/blog-post/2010...-yavdr-02/

yaVDR 0.2 is based on the packages from our stable PPAs which have proven to work. The testing-PPAs recommended in this thread will soon be used for testing package updates that are initially untested and may not work. It's your choice if you want to stick to the testing-PPAs, but we have to work with our testing PPAs in the way we want and can't take you guys into consideration: you have to adjust to our changes then.

Cheers,
hepi
yaVDR: HDTV and XBMC in your living room - based on Nvidia VDPAU, VDR and Ubuntu Linux
AuXBoX Wrote:Is there any plymouth xbmc splash screens available?

anyone?
AuXBoX Wrote:the option to enable the vnsi plugin for vdr is in the settings under addons then pvr

Thanks! I'm really getting blind :-)
I'm configuring everything now. BTW, I'm noticing that full hd video playback (h.264, mostly blu-ray rips I've created at about 6-7 mbps) is significantly slower than with mplayer/xine/mythfrontend. It seems that xbmc is just using some sort of gl renderer instead of the good old xv. Is there any solution for this? My video card is an integrated radeon HD4200 with the open drivers. Thanks again for your help.
hepi Wrote:The testing-PPAs recommended in this thread will soon be used for testing package updates that are initially untested and may not work. It's your choice if you want to stick to the testing-PPAs, but we have to work with our testing PPAs in the way we want and can't take you guys into consideration: you have to adjust to our changes then.
i

Thanks hepi i've changed the yaVDR source to the stable version

Keep up the good work!!
Thanks for the yaVDR team for the great work. I'll try it and report back.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
alanwww1 Wrote:Thanks for the yaVDR team for the great work. I'll try it and report back.

Howd you go alanwww1
Prior to this, I was using the stable branch on Ubuntu karmic.

I wanted to reinstall ( on 2.5" disc ) and add the nice "Live TV" support, to view dvb-s(2).

Used this latest PPA's on lucid and I must say... its seems to work like a charm.
Still got a few thingies I must look into though... but those are minor issues.

But just wanted to say thanks to the yaVDR team for the good work !
If u guys needs some testing on certain things, let me know...
HW: P4 2,3Ghz - 1GB - 160GB 2.5" - GF8400GS - DVB-T - DVB-S2
SW: Win 7 - XBMC PVR Margro - Mediaportal TV server
jimmeuh Wrote:Still got a few thingies I must look into though... but those are minor issues.

What sort of problems are left jimmeuh
Just thought I'd let people know that I was having major problems with ring buffer overflows on my original Asrock 330 with Tevii s660 usb tuner, I noticed that in the changelogs for vdr 1.7.15 was a fix for such problems and so I now use the unstable-vdr repo. Not perfect but most importantly usable now the World Cup is getting to the good stuff.
gott_sei_dank Wrote:and so I now use the unstable-vdr repo
You are free to use whatever repo of yavdr, but please keep in mind that wo don't take care about user problems with the unstable ppas since this is our playground / our workshop where new things are being tested and big changes can happen any day. We have stable, testing and unstable repos. unstable is called "unstable" for a reason.

Cheers,
hepi
yaVDR: HDTV and XBMC in your living room - based on Nvidia VDPAU, VDR and Ubuntu Linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[How To] Mininmal Install Lucid - pvr-testing2 with VDR VNSI plugin & VDPAU support0