German translation (not really a bug)
hi!

1. i dont speak english

2. the problem is, some words in the german translation are too long for the skin (benutzeroberflaeche; bildschirm kalibrieren...). maybe, its possible, to shorten the words (oberflaeche, kalibrieren...). i change it manually, but, the last new builds has everytime the german translation changed... but it disturbs to always change the text.

greets
i
Exclamation 
please edit the german strings.xml and upload that edited version to sf.net, see http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq....anslations
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(exego @ nov. 14 2004,23:04 Wrote:2. the problem is, some words in the german translation are too long for the skin (benutzeroberflaeche; bildschirm kalibrieren...). maybe, its possible, to shorten the words (oberflaeche, kalibrieren...). i change it manually, but, the last new builds has everytime the german translation changed... but it disturbs to always change the text.
benutzeroberfläche has been changed to darstellung in cvs yesterday.

maybe you could join this thread on evo-x.de if you have some more suggestions how this translation could be made better for different skins.

greets

bobbin007
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'd like to join because I found a mistake (but the linked thread is 4 years old). If I open a folder with many large images in it there is this status window showing me "Musikdatenbank wird aktualisiert" ( refreshing music database) !
This is obviously wrong. It should read "Bilderdatenbank wird aktualisiert"!
I think it is a copy/paste failure.
I'm using PM3 HD!

EDIT: wh000ps sorry for diging this out
rPi3/libreELEC | oDroidC2/libreELEC | DENON AVRX2200WBKE2 7.1 | Panasonic TX-P46GW10
Fixed in r16527. Thanks for pointing this out Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Sag ich auch Danke, means thx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
German translation (not really a bug)1