XBMC Live SMB Issues
I am not 100% certain that this is where this belongs, but this seemed the most logical place so here is my problem. Basically I have setup a home network where all of our media files (video, music, and pictures) can be shared throughout the house from any computer in the house. This is not all that difficult to do since Microsoft built this feature in every version of windows since XP, but the kicker here is that I am using XBMC as a media player. As it stands now I am able to share video files from one computer to another without a problem, but the moment I access another shared file where all of the media is stored I get an error and everything has to be reset. This is a problem since we have at least two continuous connections going on at once. The basic setup of the network is:

2 x Media Computers (Aspire Revo) Running only XBMC Live
3 x Laptops (need to access general data on the central storage PC below)(2 Windows 7 and 1 Vista Home Premium)
1 x Desktop (Central file storage/SMB server) (Vista Ultimate)

Originally I had a Home Server setup and running where this issue was not experienced, but it recently passed (was using an older computer). So now I have reestablished the different connections to the media, but the moment two different files are accessed on two different computers the connection goes all haywire.

My question is in three parts:

A. Why is this happening?

B. What is it about Microsoft Home Server that allowed all of the connections to run without the whole thing hiccuping?

C. What can I do to fix this (other then getting a new server, which I am currently in the process of)?

I hope this is clear, but if not I do apologize.

Lantalmajere
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=461741&postcount=2

do this on every windows 7 machine, it will fix your problem. Ihave built 8 Revos, I had the problem on the first few till i finally found this guys post. it is the only real fix. You have to do it on all the 7 machines on your network.
maybe even do it on the vista one too

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live SMB Issues0