Atom 230 / mini-ITX / HDMI /SPDIF
So far ...

I have the system built, but without a hard drive. The drive I was planning on using isn't recognized by Ubuntu (or XBMC-Live) during configuration, so I have XBMC-Live installed on a 4 GB usb thumb drive. It boots up fine, and I can play my media on my WHS, but I don't have sound yet.

I ordered a new 2.5" drive so I can suspend it in the 3.5" drive space. The system is very quiet now even with the stock power supply in the Apex MI-008 case.
fshagan Wrote:I have the system built, but without a hard drive. The drive I was planning on using isn't recognized by Ubuntu (or XBMC-Live) during configuration, so I have XBMC-Live installed on a 4 GB usb thumb drive. It boots up fine, and I can play my media on my WHS, but I don't have sound yet.

Do you have a dedicated AV receiver? What is your sound setup like?
poofyhairguy Wrote:Do you have a dedicated AV receiver? What is your sound setup like?

Right now I'm testing it in my office using earbuds. I did get audio-out using the earbuds through the rear audio phones connection. The front audio connection is the problem; I did get it working but it is getting a ton of interference (loud static). I'm not going to worry about that, though; I can't see myself using the front connections very often.

I'm connecting to a media server program (Mezzmo) on the WHS, and there are some configuration items between it and XBMC that I need to figure out. PAPLAYER doesn't work with music, but DVDPLAYER does. I can't seem to play playlists by clicking on them. I may try the native Media Connect server on the WHS to serve the music.

I'll move it into the family room and test the other functions when I have a window of time (no other family members present!) HDMI and digital sound through the AV receiver, pictures, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atom 230 / mini-ITX / HDMI /SPDIF0