tv shows not showing
I am trying to get my new tv shows to come up however for some reason xbmc will not show them in the library.

I have them named correctly, see below

I also have my scan settings set correctly.

I then try to update my library and it does not pick up the new shows. only a few shows.

also if I go to my videos section all the episodes are there.

I also have some other shows like cougar town which doesnt scan at all, season 3 of diary of a call girl also doesnt scan.

here is my debug log of trying to update library in the tv show section and then scan for new content in the video section.
http://pastebin.com/cDUS5t3A

any help. :confused2:
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Looks like you don't have ALL of them named correctly. You're missing the "." between the "Season" and "Episode" in some.

Code:
#
17:00:02 T:2923830128 M:1085497344   DEBUG: could not enumerate file /media/FreeAgent Drive/tv shows/Modern Family/Season 1/Modern Family S01 E11.avi
#
17:00:02 T:2923830128 M:1085497344   DEBUG: found episode based match /media/freeagent drive/tv shows/modern family/season 1/modern family s01.e01.avi (s1e1) [[\._ \-][ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)]
HOLY CRAP!!! What a mess.

IMO

Your entire filename structure is F Up.
The fact it picks up anything at all is testament to the scrapper creators excellent job.
Take the time to name things correctly.
FishOil Wrote:HOLY CRAP!!! What a mess.

IMO

Your entire filename structure is F Up.
The fact it picks up anything at all is testament to the scrapper creators excellent job.
Take the time to name things correctly.

what is the correct way to name them? :confused2:
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Show_Name.SxxExx.ext

So Modern Family S01 E11.avi becomes Modern_Family.S01E11.avi

I know there are some people that put a "." between season number and episode number, but I've never had to.

Modern_Family.111.avi should work too, but it gets a bit weird sometimes.
Spaces should have nothing to do with it, the file structure is just fine from what i can tell.
Have you tried scanning the show itself for new content instead of doing a library update?
I've found on my second system that sometimes the scan misses episodes (very rarely) for whatever reason and this solves it.
Failing this do an entire rescan of the series in question from the info screen.
As Aenima99x said, your Modern Family episodes are not being picked up because of the space in between the season and episode identifiers. None of the default regexps or the custom ones you seem to have added to advancedsettings.xml will find those. If you have a lot of episodes named like this, here's what I suggest:

Replace the tvshowmatching part of advancedsettings.xml with this:

Code:
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>[\._ \-][Ss]([0-9]+)[\._ \-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

That'll loosen up the matching to be this:
(single SEPARATOR)sxx(zero or more SEPARATORS)exx
where the SEPARATORS in both cases can be period, underscore, space, or minus.

Next issue is that Xbmc keeps a hash of folder contents to avoid rescanning a folder unless the contents have changed. The hash is only of the file names in the folder. Nothing else. So, you need to force the hash to be different for Xbmc to try to find the files it may have previously missed. Simply adding a zero byte "dummy.avi" file to every folder does the trick. You can remove it afterward.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tv shows not showing0