Pub Quiz Game
Hi all,

I've started work on a Pub Quiz game script - I'll post some screenshots when I get home - and was wondering if anyone wanted to chip in, or help out a bit as time is not on my side!

So far, I've set up a database of questions with possible answers to choose from - these are fed to the XBMC script via my own version of webservices, and this works well.

Click here to see an example of a random question:

http://www.cidb.co.uk/getquestion.php?l=1&c=3

The request in that example is for a level 1 question from category 3 (music). The first answer given is the correct one - obviously this is not the case once inside the game!! ;-)...and is done this way so that I have something to compare against to see if the given answer is the correct one (from the list). I'm more than happy to convert these to *real* webservices - at the time of starting the project I have no idea how to invoke webservices from Python.

I was having a bit of trouble with threading for the countdown timer and since then have been unable to find time to continue - this will change very shortly.

I was hoping to have a list of people 'waiting' to play against other users who can then accept a 'live' challenge. Alternatively they can play a single game and their name will go into the leaderboard under "single play leaderboard" or "Network play leaderboard" etc... and I was also going to include a leaderboard of countries too.

When the other 'team' is playing, the opposing team will be able to see the question they are given and the answer they gave - this I haven't started work on yet.

I'd love to collaborate with someone on this little project, either with ideas or with coding/graphics or simple to add questions/answers to the database.

I can set up a SVN at home, or use Googlecode/sourceforge/whatever if it suits. I've never collaborated on a project on-line before, so I figure this could be fun!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pub Quiz Game0