De-interlacing
So this question is so incredibly basic I feel stupid for asking it, but how the heck do you enable de-interlacing? I've been ripping my dvd collection to my hard drive, only to discover that the videos drastically need to be de-interlaced. I've read about VDPAU, but I cannot seem to figure out how to enable it. I've gone through all the menu systems.

How on earth do you enable de-interlacing?

I'm running xbmc on a Macbook 10.5.8. I'm using the xbmc release from March 1st, 2010 (nightly build).
Bring up the video settings dialog during playback, you can set the interlaced handling there.
Alright, maybe I'm just blind, but I'm not seeing it. If I bring up the video settings during playback Video Context Menu>Video Settings the closest thing I have is render settings. I do not have anything that controls interlacing.
A debug log would help.
Okay, here it is. It's a lot larger than I expected. Here it is.
Log looks fine.
This is the dialog you need to bring up:

Yes, that looks like exactly what I need. Nod Now how do I get to it? Any keyboard shortcuts?
Press m, then choose the film roll button and press enter.
Wow. You guys are officially awesome. I can't believe I missed that. Sorry for being such a n00b, and thanks for all the great help. If I couldn't fix this issue I was going to have to scrap xbmc as a media server, and I really didn't want to do that.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it! I can continue working on building the library now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
De-interlacing0