• 6(current)
Zbox hd-id11
hydog Wrote:last question hopefully for me...does anyone have advice/links on the power settings in BIOS or a xbmclive setup for the remote to power on/off wake from sleep, etc...
The remote does work while in xbmc, but just not the powering part..

It is the HA-IR01SV unit
http://www.amazon.com/Company-MediaGate-...563&sr=8-1

Thanks

How did you get this remote working? I cannot seem to get the same results with the HA-IR01SV on my hd-id11.

I tried configuring it using this tutorial (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Hama_MCE_Remote), but I can't get past triggering a new discovery.

Using what appeared to be my Vendor and Product ID from /proc/bus/input/devices, I restarted udev and triggered a new discovery, but I can only see "irremote1" and can't seem to find "irremote0."

btw I'm running xbmc9.11 from the Xbmc Complete Installer.

edit: If I change the "inputlirc" file to only accound for irremote1, then I can get up to restarting inputlirc with no error. but when I start irw, I get the message "connect: No such file or directory." I am new to all of this stuff, so I don't even understand what is wrong, but it seems to me not to recognize my hardware.
Hello,

I was thinking of buying this for my first HTPC and run XBMC on it.

Reading reviews, one of them linked in this thread recommended using a SSD instead of an old school HDD, but I would prefer using a HDD since it's so much cheaper. Anyone who could weigh in on the noise / heat / performance if I went with an HDD? I plan on keeping the box 8 feet away from where I sit (next to the TV)

Also, anyone have any recommendations for RAM quantity/quality? I was thinking of using 1GB DDR2 800.

Thanks!
cerpintaxt Wrote:Also, anyone have any recommendations for RAM quantity/quality? I was thinking of using 1GB DDR2 800.

Hi,
i think 1gb RAM is too undersized if you would like to play 1080p files.

BTW, you need SO-DIMM RAM which is more expensive than "normal" DDR2 RAM.
IMO 2gb is the right choice.
ericisshort Wrote:I tried configuring it using this tutorial (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Hama_MCE_Remote), but I can't get past triggering a new discovery.

Using what appeared to be my Vendor and Product ID from /proc/bus/input/devices, I restarted udev and triggered a new discovery, but I can only see "irremote1" and can't seem to find "irremote0."

i've got the same problem, but i don't get the irremote1 neither ! i'm doing al the steps as described in the tutorial above. when restarting udev i get this:

Code:
restart: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.18" (uid=1000 pid=1634 comm="restart) interface="com.ubuntu.Upstart0_6.Job" member="Restart" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="com.ubuntu.Upstart" (uid=0 pid=1 comm="/sbin/init"))

the i use "udevadm trigger" and nothing happens! after "ls /dev/input" i don't see irremote1 or 0 ...

can anybody help me !

PS: i'm using the last svn xbmc live version at the moment ...
After reinstalling my Zebox with the xbmc live 9.11 repack stable version and going through the tutorial i got the same problem as you ericisshort: only irremote1 is showing up when
Code:
ls /dev/input
anybody knows what's the problem here?
I ended up not having to use that method. I change the files that I edited in nano back to their original versions. Then, I used this version of the "lircd.conf" file, and irw began to function. If you can get that far and need help making a keymap, let me know.
okay i will give it a try. but tell me, does your power button sends your box into suspend and do you have a button to open context menu without using the mouse pointer and the right mouse-button button? because that are the only two things i'm missing, the rest is working out of the box.
Hi everybody,
guide is working fine from my side, but after every restart I havn't sound over hdmi, but if I restart xbmc (service xbmc-live restart) this works again.

I don't know, possible alsasound starts before xbmc and X.

Anybody had this issue and fixed it?
dreamlomax Wrote:Hi everybody,
guide is working fine from my side, but after every restart I havn't sound over hdmi, but if I restart xbmc (service xbmc-live restart) this works again.

I don't know, possible alsasound starts before xbmc and X.

Anybody had this issue and fixed it?

I had a similar issue at one time. I ultimately did a new installation using this version of XBMCFreak Live, then followed these instructions (with one exception, I used the updated 256.35 nvidia driver), and everything has been pretty much peachy ever since.

Which version of XBMC/Ubuntu are you running? The 9.11 repack? One of the XBMCFreak versions?
I'm using the version 9.11 xbmcfreak that comments in this thread,
I suposed that was related with .asoundrc files or similar and I created a file and now atleast videos works after any reboot ;-D, but no sound on menu changes, I think that we are near.

Code:
~/.asoundrc
pcm.!spdif {
     type hw
     card 1
     device 3
}

pcm.!default {
     type plug
     slave {
           pcm "spdif"
     }
}

I found some ideas here:

http://imadethisdesign.blogspot.com/search/label/XBMC

Possible I will check the other version that you commented, but first I need wait for some updates in plugins that I use, because are not adapted to addons structure currently.

Any other idea about how to fix sound in menus and confirm why works when we create this file in home folder or when i restarting before only xbmc-live?

Thanks
I am thinking about buying the zotac zbox, and installing xbmc over windows 7. Would this setup be alright running HD videos and sound over HDMI?
nazgull Wrote:I am thinking about buying the zotac zbox, and installing xbmc over windows 7. Would this setup be alright running HD videos and sound over HDMI?

I supose yes, but will be less funny than installing a xbmc-live Laugh
Maybe later I will join the fun, by booting xbmc through live usb stickBig Grin
Big Grin 
Got one from NE coming Fri.Got the deal with 250 GB HD. 2 GB Ram also from NE.Really wanting to try out my FULL Hyperspin (Cool Emul/PC Game frontend with all Systems & thousands Games,Pinball,Slot Machines,etc) set up as much as XBMC.Let ya know how it goes.As soon as i have time to play with it. ;0)
skideric Wrote:Really wanting to try out my FULL Hyperspin (Cool Emul/PC Game frontend with all Systems & thousands Games,Pinball,Slot Machines,etc)

of which you own all the originals, of course. Rolleyes
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zbox hd-id114