Music Folder Path
Big Grin 
Hey Everyone,

Could someone tell me how I can change my "Music folder path" in the Transparency skin settings to point to an SMB share? I have XBMC Live edition and when I click to change the path I only have "Home folder" available. I would like to set this path so when I play my music it will show all my fanart pics that are stored on the network share.

I tried following instructions from here-->http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...sic+folder but I can't find the guisettings.xml file. Any help would be very much appreciated as I have a party in a few hours to host Nerd
Wink 
Nevermind I found it. For anyone else interested here is what I did:

-Exited XBMC
-FTP'd to the box and navigated to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata and found the guisettings.xml file
-Downloaded the file searched for the section music_folder_path and appended "smb://10.1.0.2/Music/" to the end. Now it looks like this "<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.music_folder_path">smb://10.1.0.2/Music/</setting>"
-I saved the changes and uploaded it to the box to the "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata" directory and overwrote the copy there
-Rebooted the box went to Settings-->Skin Settings-->General and enabled the option "Show fanart instead of visualization"
-Started playing my songs and now my fanart pictures show!!!!! YAY!!! Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Folder Path0