[Moved] Playing issues with Mplayer vs DVDPlayer...
I have seen issues where some files are only playing thru the DVDplayer and not Mplayer. What in a video file and or stream could cause this issue? Are there certain codecs the DVDplayer has that Mplayer does not, Or is this some other issue? TIA! Huh
...this thread has a meaningless topic?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I am hoping this topic is clear now. I am wondering the reason why one player works and one does not. I have researched the differences between these and do not see a reason why DVDplayer would play something Mplayer won't when mplayer is supposed to support more codecs. I am looking to understand better why. Thanks.
This is on Xbox then I presume?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Jopplehead Wrote:I am hoping this topic is clear now. I am wondering the reason why one player works and one does not. I have researched the differences between these and do not see a reason why DVDplayer would play something Mplayer won't when mplayer is supposed to support more codecs. I am looking to understand better why. Thanks.

The most common reason is that the file violates some standard, since all players are different, the result is also different.

Another reason is a bug in the player, in that case one player ususally doesn't play it while a lot of other players do.
Thanks, That makes sence Smile

@sho, Sorry... I forget sometimes how relevant hardware and software versions are to a question. Yes, this was the Xbox. Thanks for your patience with the post. Blush
Also worth noting is that T3CH builds contain additional MPlayer codecs, while SSHC "nightly builds" do not. These files are found in the System\Players\MPlayer\Codecs folder, and can be inserted into most any install. Without them, MPlayer will fail to play certain formats (eg RealPlayer video).

However, even with these files, MPlayer won't handle everything DVDPlayer will. The opposite is also true, though - DVDPlayer doesn't have full file support either.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Moved] Playing issues with Mplayer vs DVDPlayer...0