TV scraping with out-of-order eps
ran into a problem just now with Firefly. i got all the eps to display the correct info for each but they are in the wrong order.

Firefly is one of the few shows where its out of chronological order in TVDb, instead listed in aired order. so in XBMC it displays the eps in that same incorrect order. when i set it to "use DVD order" when scraping it (DVD order is the correct order for the eps), it just gets the wrong info for the wrong eps period (theyre mixed up). so what do you do for shows like this where they are not listed in the right order?

i was thinking i should redo the ep numbers in the file names, to reflect the DVD order, then select use DVD order when scraping. is that right?
Never actually tried what you are attempting - but I believe you hit the right idea towards the bottom of your post.

For example: in DVD order the Episode Serenity is #1, but in Aired order it is #11. If you name this episode #11 and then use DVD order for scraping it is going to pull info for Trash since that is #11 in DVD order. You need to use the numbering scheme for the ordering you choose. Hope that makes some sense.

I tried searching the wiki for some more info on this but I couldn't really find it - perhaps it needs to be added if you can confirm this works?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=The...eo_Library)
ill give it a shot and say if it works but yeah im pretty sure if you want DVD order you have to set them to match that order.

EDIT: lol never mind. i had it sorted alphabetically by ep name instead of ep #! Tongue its all good now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV scraping with out-of-order eps0