Art from a external HDD?
Hi!

Im storing all my movies on external harddrives and watching them through a ASRock ION 330HT whit XBMC.
I dont have my ASRock connected to the Internet because I move it around alot. (Taking it whit me to friends and family) so I cant depend on IMDB to get me dvd covers and art for my dvds. Another problem and the main problem is that becasue I have it on external drivers it switch the letters (like from D: to E:, just a example.) So for me as I see it I cant have any dvd covers and art.
But... maybe Its something Im missing.
Is their anyway if you store Art on the external harddrive XBMC when loading the movie files it can also automatically load dvd covers and art from the external harddrive?

/Thanks (And a big thanks for you who makes XBMC possible)
You don't say anything about what OS your using Rolleyes

If its windows you can assign drive letters to USB drives and they should stay the same

Yes you can store nfo's and artwork with your media but its still going to be scanned and stored on your Asrock its not pulled in real time

Once something is scanned into your library you can browse it whether the drive is connected or not, but if your drives letters keep changing when drives are connected then the path will be wrong when you try to play them so you need to assign a drive letter instead of windows choosing
Wow thats great news! I guess I haft to google to lear how to asign letters. Never done that before.
Thanks so mucke for the help! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Art from a external HDD?0