Zotac ION 330 and noise
I am sure many of us use Zotac ION 330 for our XBMC. It works fine but the problem that bothers me is a noise that the processor's default fan makes. It is actually heard. Is it somehow possible to make it work on passive cooling? Or using some really silent fan that has speed control because the board does not have built-in bios fan speed support? Thanks.
i've tried to use it without fan. highest temp was about 100°C.

obviously not the best idea of the day. Rolleyes
but the system was still stable.

today i'm driving the fan with 5 volt instead of 12.
i took one of the power-cords and use the 5V-Line.

now, it is quite noiseless. temps are about 50° to 60° in an LC19 silverstone.
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
donabi Wrote:obviously not the best idea of the day. Rolleyes

Unless of course the Zotac doubles as your cooker/fryer... Smile
i just replaced mine with a noiseblocker fan with 11db, you don't hear anything anymore! (as long as you have the space in yoru case, since its a little bit bigger in height!)
mason Wrote:i just replaced mine with a noiseblocker fan with 11db, you don't hear anything anymore! (as long as you have the space in yoru case, since its a little bit bigger in height!)

Could you tell us the name of the fan?
should be this one

60x60x25 Noiseblocker BlackSilent Fan XR1R 11dB(A) black

but i guess every other 'silent' fan would do...
I replaced mine with a mini-kaze sy124010L 40mm fan.

It should be noted that some of the Zotac boards use a 40mm fan, some a 60mm fan.
My stock fan doesn't seem to be loud at all. But i'm also sitting like 15+ft from it.

You could always get a fan power adjuster. I put one in my other HTPC its pretty awesome.

I don't know the brand, but they are cheap. Less then 10 bucks for sure.
Bought Zalman Fan Mate 2. Changed speed of the fan to 1500 RPM. Barely hear it now but temp is about 52-55 degrees.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ION 330 and noise0