Sorry, I quit XBMC for now
I finally quit trying to run XBMC on my Asrock, both the Live and Windows version. The Live version (from USB stick only) (also de XBMC freak v13 and v14 version) did not work regarding hdmi audio (really tried many options). The video apparently looked stable, also more obscure HD files. The Windows version (also with XVDA support) actually was ok, especially when using the official last version in combination with Meidaplayer Classic Homecinema version (and coreavc codec), but I still found a a very little bit less stable with more obscure videos. Somewhat less smoothly. Hence, I thus play movies now without beautiful XBMC interface, but with Mediaplayer Classic Homecinema with coreavc 2.0 support. In my opinion, this delivers the smoothest picture. I have windows 7 64 bit installed and foremost use this guide: http://imouto.my/watching-h264-video...itecture-cuda/. I miss the beautiful interface of XBMC, but I am tired tweaking..... but still happy with my solution now.
there's some works already done for installing a ubuntu on asrock, check here, all is working, including hdmi audio...
I too have the asrock ion 330 running windows 7, but i have had no trouble at all with xbmc it just plays everything i throw at it(granted it's overclocked to 2ghz)
Great pc for the money especially with windows and dxva.Big Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
hansie16 Wrote:I finally quit trying to run XBMC on my Asrock, both the Live and Windows version. The Live version (from USB stick only) (also de XBMC freak v13 and v14 version) did not work regarding hdmi audio (really tried many options). The video apparently looked stable, also more obscure HD files. The Windows version (also with XVDA support) actually was ok, especially when using the official last version in combination with Meidaplayer Classic Homecinema version (and coreavc codec), but I still found a a very little bit less stable with more obscure videos. Somewhat less smoothly. Hence, I thus play movies now without beautiful XBMC interface, but with Mediaplayer Classic Homecinema with coreavc 2.0 support. In my opinion, this delivers the smoothest picture. I have windows 7 64 bit installed and foremost use this guide: http://imouto.my/watching-h264-video...itecture-cuda/. I miss the beautiful interface of XBMC, but I am tired tweaking..... but still happy with my solution now.

Have you thought of just using an adapter?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...1&format=2
- Blackstar
Nothing wrong with something like MPC for us geeks. I can attest that getting multichannel audio working with XBMC Live is hard- I barely did it and I have been hacking on Linux since 2004!

When you will find the motivation to get XBMC working is when you have a female in your life. Then all of a sudden MPC (or anything that requires someone to playback content with something other than a remote) is unacceptable.

I give the same advice to you I give all my bachelor friends who drool at my XBMC setup- enjoy not having to do it boys! Live up opening media from file folders in a regular OS while you can!

Cause one day that HTPC in the livingroom will need to easily play Desperate Housewives (or Gossip girl, or whatever) with a remote or its entire usefulness with be questioned....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sorry, I quit XBMC for now0