Disable AC3 Encoder but keep passthrough.
Hi,

I have a hdmi output on an nvidia gt240 which worked great. At some point an AC3 encoder has kicked in. I realize it's a wanted feature, and I understand why. I was wondering how to turn it off?

I want to send dolby as dolby, dts as dts, and anything else as decoded multichannel (or stereo where appropriate) LPCM.

At the moment if i have dolby set as passthrough everything gets transcoded. it makes flac a bit of a waste Sad

here's a log playing my cars bluray rip with 5.1 AAC audio (i made it from the LPCM tack) it plays on my receiver as DD5.1 - http://pastebin.org/199823

i think the main bit is:
Code:
21:40:24 T:2376 M:1280327680   DEBUG: CDVDAudioCodecPassthroughFFmpeg::SetupEncoder - Setting up encoder for on the fly transcode

Thanks,

Neil

Edit - I made a trac ticket (hope that's ok?)
neil.j1983 Wrote:Hi,

I have a hdmi output on an nvidia gt240 which worked great. At some point an AC3 encoder has kicked in. I realize it's a wanted feature, and I understand why. I was wondering how to turn it off?

I want to send dolby as dolby, dts as dts, and anything else as decoded multichannel (or stereo where appropriate) LPCM.

At the moment if i have dolby set as passthrough everything gets transcoded. it makes flac a bit of a waste Sad

here's a log playing my cars bluray rip with 5.1 AAC audio (i made it from the LPCM tack) it plays on my receiver as DD5.1 - http://pastebin.org/199823

i think the main bit is:
Code:
21:40:24 T:2376 M:1280327680   DEBUG: CDVDAudioCodecPassthroughFFmpeg::SetupEncoder - Setting up encoder for on the fly transcode

Thanks,

Neil
I'm with you on that one mate, there's been no WASAPI support for some time - all my FLAC movie tracks come out DD Sad

Sure I read somewhere that turning off DD Audio in Audio set-up would force MultiChannel playback (not sure about WASAPI), but then you would lose DD bitstream - swings and roundabouts I guess.
steelman1991 Wrote:Sure I read somewhere that turning off DD Audio in Audio set-up would force MultiChannel playback (not sure about WASAPI), but then you would lose DD bitstream - swings and roundabouts I guess.

it certainly does, and that's how I have it at the moment. not ideal, but the better of the two.

I'm sure it'll be switchable sometime in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable AC3 Encoder but keep passthrough.0