Roadmap and release date
Philmatic Wrote:Any idea when the automated builds will return?

when the merge is done.
Philmatic Wrote:Any idea when the automated builds will return?

When Billy thinks it's safe.
Hi I have been looking around trying to find some info on when the new version of XBMC will be released but can't find anything. I'm sure I had read somewhere it was the 12th May but not to sure.

I'm just asking as after showing my Acer Revo 3610 to my friends, 4 of them have gone out and bought them so they can run XBMC on them and naturally they want me to set them up but I figured if there is a new version of XBMC coming soon then I might as well wait for that before setting them up.

Thanks for your help
http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap

Probably not "soon" but not "long" either.

Next windows version has DXVA that is worth waiting for.
Ah great thanks for that
It should be noted that a similar discussion is also going on in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73439 and I think sho summed it up nicely with the following quote:

sho Wrote:As this is not a commercial effort, these metrics are unfortunately not anything to go by.
I just changed the date on trac to 31.05.2010, that will probably not even hold true. (it will be ready whenever it's ready).

Also, whatever of these 74 open tickets will be open at the time of release will just be pushed to the next release.
Oh I see well in that case is the DS player sticky the only version out that will play 1080p content stutter free or is a there version somewhere else I should be looking for a version thats stable enough? As I think I have that one but 1080p is still jumpy but I might not have the settings right. I did at one point have a version that worked great but after updating to other versions from sshcs.com I have no idea which version it was.

If someone could point me in the right direction of a version that will play my 1080p files so I can install that version I will be more than happy.
Yankee Ruin X Wrote:sshcs.com

Make sure you re-enable hardware decoding when installing new versions...

NS
Yankee Ruin X Wrote:If someone could point me in the right direction of a version that will play my 1080p files so I can install that version I will be more than happy.

I tried the most recent build from mirrors.xbmc.org and that played 1080p videos at around 10% CPU. From memory you need to go into Settings, Video and tell it to use DXVA. Note also that this requires Windoes 7 and a video cad that supports DXVA2. If your system isn't suitable there will be a (rather obscure) error in xbmc.log.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I tried the most recent build from mirrors.xbmc.org and that played 1080p videos at around 10% CPU. From memory you need to go into Settings, Video and tell it to use DXVA. Note also that this requires Windoes 7 and a video cad that supports DXVA2. If your system isn't suitable there will be a (rather obscure) error in xbmc.log.

JR
Not just Win7 - Vista capable as well - the only OS not to run the DXVA2 is XP, though I'm sure I read on another thread that it could run DXVA2. Success though seems dependant on a combination of factors - OS and GFX card to name but 2. I'm running Win7 with a Nvidia GT240 which successfully runs DXVA2 at around the 5-7% mark.
Yankee Ruin X Wrote:Oh I see well in that case is the DS player sticky the only version out that will play 1080p content stutter free or is a there version somewhere else I should be looking for a version thats stable enough? As I think I have that one but 1080p is still jumpy but I might not have the settings right. I did at one point have a version that worked great but after updating to other versions from sshcs.com I have no idea which version it was.

If someone could point me in the right direction of a version that will play my 1080p files so I can install that version I will be more than happy.

29242 - my favroutie build at the moment.
happy to see tuxcom in roadmap.also blueray support
sorry i am little confused. it says improved tuxcom client support.it means that its included already on svn versions?
jmarshall Wrote:Offtopic, but would you really save all that much considering the zipping of the "big" bits of XML?

Given that XBMC still uses regex to parse the XML, we could probably do the same trick with JSON. It's nasty, and something we hope to remedy after 10.05 (eg AaronD is looking at XLST to do the XML transform from your layout to our layout)

Cheers,
Jonathan

Missed this. Thanks to you and topfs2 for the info. We actually do zip the full series XML records and I believe spiff implemented those a long time ago, which gave us a big bandwidth savings at that time. I'm just thinking that JSON would improve it by another 10-20% though.

Is there some other format that would be easier for you guys to work with than JSON and XML? I'm starting to plan out the next version of our API and I have considered allowing per-project API settings so we could return exactly the info each project needs and no more, in the format they want it in. Should I make a new thread?
korean music scrapper! joy! Big Grin

edit: suprise theres no korean movie scrappers? unless its already in current release ..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Roadmap and release date0