Roadmap and release date
Just to quote my daughter on a long road trip..

"Are we there yet?" (JOKES!)
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
"the next one that asks that stupid question is gonna get..."

OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Will the upcoming official nightlies be stable enough to replace XBMC Live 9.10? And have support for WASAPI (bitstreaming) in Windows?

I don't care about a few hickups, or about plug-ins...
dlmh Wrote:Will the upcoming official nightlies be stable enough to replace XBMC Live 9.10? And have support for WASAPI (bitstreaming) in Windows?

I don't care about a few hickups, or about plug-ins...

WASAPI works just great for me since SVN29xxx already (using X-FI) (using unofficial builds) so I guess that's a "yes it will" Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
dondre Wrote:WASAPI works just great for me since SVN29xxx already (using X-FI) (using unofficial builds) so I guess that's a "yes it will" Smile

Do you use bitstreaming for HD audio? If I remember correctly, only ATi/AMD HD5xxx videocards, Intel Core i3/i5 GPU's and some Auzentech and Asus cards support full bitstreaming of DTS-HD (MA) and Dolby TrueHD.

But I guess as long as WASAPI works, HD audio works as well?

Edit: forgive my ignorance. Just noticed that the Auzentech HD audio cards are actually the X-FI cards you mentioned, I thought that it was a Creative thing...

Edit2: ow... it actually is a Creative thing... Tongue
dlmh Wrote:Do you use bitstreaming for HD audio? If I remember correctly, only ATi/AMD HD5xxx videocards, Intel Core i3/i5 GPU's and some Auzentech and Asus cards support full bitstreaming of DTS-HD (MA) and Dolby TrueHD.

Edit: forgive my ignorance. Just noticed that the Auzentech HD audio cards are actually the X-FI cards you mentioned, I thought that it was a Creative thing...

There is no HD Audio support in XBMC at the moment (unless you want to use the DSPlayer branch))- WASAPI has no bearing on 'bitstreaming' audio. WASAPI merely allows the passthrough of flac/pcm audio unmolested by the windows sound mixer.
dlmh Wrote:Do you use bitstreaming for HD audio? If I remember correctly, only ATi/AMD HD5xxx videocards, Intel Core i3/i5 GPU's and some Auzentech and Asus cards support full bitstreaming of DTS-HD (MA) and Dolby TrueHD.

Auzentech basically are a bunch of engineers that got a license from Creative to use the 20K1(pci)/20K2(pcie) chipsets, so they perfected a lot of the design, basically the customizable AMPS,

Unfortunately I never said I was bitstreaming DTS-HD(MA) or Doldby TrueHD, basically I've setup XBMC to output the audio using WASAPI (X-FI SPDIF out) for DTS (regular, 1.5Mbps) and DD (regular, 640Kbps), which I think gets rid of the Windows SoundMixer... that's all

I have no clue about the HD formats, but from my understanding through a lot of reading, some ppl were able to get it working using the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD or even the Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 (yet you have to use the latest PowerDVD player through XBMC somehow because only PowerDVD can bitstream the Audio HD formats (that I know of))

But let's stop it here, we don't want to hijack the thread and get off topic...
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
Okay, thanks for the answers. I already checked out the DSPlayer support thread and it seems doable. Hopefully, Intel will soon fix the 24p bug in the Intel HD graphics driver...
steelman1991 Wrote:There is no HD Audio support in XBMC at the moment (unless you want to use the DSPlayer branch))- WASAPI has no bearing on 'bitstreaming' audio. WASAPI merely allows the passthrough of flac/pcm audio unmolested by the windows sound mixer.
I'd like to be able to get bit-perfect audio for music files, which apparently can be done using a patch developed by ArtVandelae and WASAPI driver and the DVDPlayer, and also bitstreamed TrueHD and DTS MA for video, which apparently can be done using DSPlayer. I know one can use different players for audio and video files, but is there a version of XBMC for Windows that would let me do both of these two things?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Roadmap and release date0