Automatically turn on/off wlan
I'd like a feature that on startup automatically turns on wlan if not turned on and also automatically turns it off at app close (if the app automatically turned it on at startup).
Turn on, why not, but turn off? What if you're reading mail or downloading something meanwhile?
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:Turn on, why not, but turn off? What if you're reading mail or downloading something meanwhile?

love the android remote - great work!!

on topic:

two options:
  • Make a prompt when exiting: "Do you want to turn of Wifi?"
    or
  • Sample the wifi connection to see if it's in use, I believe this should be possible having seen quite a few bandwidth monitor-apps
Yeah, asking if you want to turn off or "automatically turn off WiFi" option would be nice
Regards,
Embrion
Why on earth would you ever want to turn off the wifi? Seems rather silly.
compcentral Wrote:Why on earth would you ever want to turn off the wifi? Seems rather silly.

I would prefer this option, personally to save battery, I keep wifi off at all times unless specifically need it, ie: for the remote, to auto turn on is great, and a prompt to turn off is a smooth way to exit.
I agree. I never use wifi on my droid as I always use 3g to do everything and it does drain the battery.
I'd love to have the WiFi turn on automatically and prompt on exit could even make it an option in the settings as opposed to forcing it on everyone?
An Auto wifi on switch in the settings would be very useful.

Expanding on other users suggestions regarding Turning off wifi:

If wifi is off when XBMC Remote is started and XBMC Remote turns on the wifi
then
on exit of XBMC remote it could assume that you want wifi off again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically turn on/off wlan0