Android Remote also for tablets?
Question 
It looks like this Android XBMC Remote is already in a very nice state!

Is it also intended that this works on the upcoming tablets running Android? For me devices like the WePad or the Notion Ink Adam would be perfect Remotes for XBMC!
As I heard from users it already works really good on the Archos 5 tablet.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
Thanks for the feedback.
Sounds already promising, but the Archos 5 is a pretty small tablet with just 800x480 resolution. Tablets like the WePad or the Adam will have resolutions like 1024x600 or even 1366x768.
I really excited for the prospect of running this remote on a tablet, but I'm thinking in the long term some slight modifications to the interface will pay off huge with that additional screen real estate (thinking iPad style tablet with a nice big screen). Either way, definitely looking forward to having an Android tablet in my living room Smile
Not sure how it will resize. Let's say it won't be our first intend to run it on tablets.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I recently installed xbmc remote on my new Archos 7 Home Tablet and it works great on that device!
I have a Dell Streak and would love to see a better use of the larger screen.

I have yet to get the Now Playing controls to work? Other XBMC Android apps I have tried work fine.

UI comments...

'Remote Control' - controls/buttons do not scale so is very small on the 5" screen.
'Movies' - thumbs are very small, would like to see option for larger thumbs and alphanumeric index (jump to) option
'TV Shows' - really like the banner mode! could also use the alphanumeric index
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin: Instead of rating down the app on the Market with imbecile comments like "does not work on latest build" that give absoluetly no info about *what* doesn't work, you maybe should read the stickies and then post a question. One would think posting 2.5k+ posts over 6 years in here would teach you some basic knowledge how to react to problems in a smart way.

There are several issues with tables from my point of view: Firstly I don't have one and I didn't even thought about that users could try this on a tablet. So yeah, I didn't test the remote at all on tablet resolution. Then there is the size of the package that contains already three texture sets and won't be happy with another bloating it up for tablets. Maybe we'll create a version specially for tablets but that's not a priority right now as people using it on tablets generally seem to be happy.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Freezy,
None of controls were working on your app but were on the other 2 XBMC apps from Market that I tried. Since the app itself did not come with instructions and I did not know to look at the forum for info, I did not know it needed to have a specific setting in XBMC - which the other 2 did not require for full functionality. You might want to add that info on the settings menu inside the app.

I upped the rating and will increase it again when/if the UI is more scalable for larger screens. It looks like Android can handle the scaling tasks itself if coded for it... http://developer.android.com/guide/pract...pport.html

I like your app, it is very nice. Just not yet ready for larger screens due to scaling. I look forward to future revs.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
It's hard to put a description, changelog and instructions into the 250 chars Android Market allows for an app to present itself. That's why there's an URL which points to a website with more information.

There's a ticket about the tablet problem here, so we'll have a look at it soon.

Cheers!
the last ticket question is answered wrong Big Grin
@ mojorising- i've got this working on my 7ht as well, but i haven't figured out how to add single songs to the now playing list. i can only add/queue entire folders. any hints? also have you found a way to adjust the volume from the 7ht?
No volume buttons on the 7ht?
no hard buttons, just touchscreen. and they don't seem to work for xbmc
That's a bugger. Not sure what I could do. Every "normal" phone has them, so priority will be low. Create a ticket nevertheless titled "Add soft volume buttons for unbuttoned tablets" or similar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Remote also for tablets?0