XBMC and Intel HD / Core i3 Graphics
Hmm I thought the 10.05 stable release of XBMC was meant to support Ubuntu 10.04.

Can you confirm that when XBMC 10.05 stable is out it will support HW acceleration in Windows using a GeForce (220GT) card?

Thanks again for the great help!
£35 210 nVidia GFX card in my single core P4 3.2Ghz machine will squirt 1080p out all day long with the CPU hitting about 7% - magic. Smile
Geeba Wrote:£35 210 nVidia GFX card in my single core P4 3.2Ghz machine will squirt 1080p out all day long with the CPU hitting about 7% - magic. Smile

On a Windows XBMC release using DXVA?? Smile
Sad 
Hi guys, i just bought an Intel microatx DH55TC with an i3 core with integrated Graphics. 4gb ddr3
i've tried to run latest stable XBMC Live (camelot).
XBMC came up but after 6/7 seconds of use it hangs. i can only reboot. also tried a live hd installation with same result.
With a fresh windows 7 installation, mb. drivers from cd included, and xbmc under windows everithing works fine in 1080p with HDMI audio passthrough to my Denon AVR-1910.
I think that this mainboard is not supported at all unfortunately..
Yeah, it is not supported in Camelot... Maybe in the next version...
Hello:

What about GIGABYTE H57M-USB3?. That's what I've ordered.

Thank you:
Marky.
Interesting thread. I just bought a i3 530 and Gigabyte H55M UD2H from Fry's for $100. I was planning on using the integrated gpu. I would have never done such a thing before but the new igp's are supposed to be pretty damn good with video -obviously still horrible at games but I have a 5870 in my main rig for that.
avus m3 Wrote:Interesting thread. I just bought a i3 530 and Gigabyte H55M UD2H from Fry's for $100. I was planning on using the integrated gpu. I would have never done such a thing before but the new igp's are supposed to be pretty damn good with video -obviously still horrible at games but I have a 5870 in my main rig for that.

I have the same mobo with an i3 540 (almost the same). If I was you I would use the on-board GPU and wait for XBMC 10.05 stable. Then check if all your files play fluently (they should). You could always add a stand-alone GPU later.. that's my plan at least Smile
I recently bought the i3 530 and Gigabyte H55M UD2H combination as well and planned to use the onboard graphics. Apart from some slight stuttering when using using the milkdrop visualisations it was working very well and played 1080p x264 video easily with CPU usage never going about 25%.
That was until particular 720p h264 videos started blue screening my PC. These files worked fine in media player classic so I figured it was to do with the DXVA that 9.11 uses. I tried many a combination of video drivers and nothing would work.
To solve this problem I simply installed my old 8600GT and everything has been running perfectly since.

FYI this was all in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 edition so it probably doesn't apply to quite a few people in this thread.
This is a lot of effort to avoid a cheap video card that is fully supported, in my opinion.
For me the integrated i3 GPU plays all material perfectly now including the VC-1 files I mentioned earlyer.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
XBMC build r28256

I didn't have the right combination of video settings - but these fixed it (build r28256):
  • Settings: Videos -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate to match video = ON
  • Settings: System -> Video output -> Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen = OFF
  • Settings: System -> Video output -> Vertical blank sync = Always enabled
GJones Wrote:This is a lot of effort to avoid a cheap video card that is fully supported, in my opinion.

Well my HTPC was quite noisy and I was led to believe by various internet sites that the 8600GT was partly to blame as I was told it was a loud card. That's why I was initially apprehensive about using it, however after installing it it's just as quiet as any other card and the noise I was noticing were various other components which have since been fixed/replaced.
What 200GT would you recommend? Anyone over the other for a micro-ITX system build?
I've got the Gigabyte H57M-USB3 w/ i3 530. Grabbed the latest build (r30567) and everything seems to be working great.

h.264 @ 12MB/s --/> vcpu: 40-50% cpu: ~5%
sodaBot Wrote:I've got the Gigabyte H57M-USB3 w/ i3 530. Grabbed the latest build (r30567) and everything seems to be working great.

h.264 @ 12MB/s --/> vcpu: 40-50% cpu: ~5%

That's nice, vaapi seems to be working.

Marky.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Intel HD / Core i3 Graphics1