XBMC and Intel HD / Core i3 Graphics
sodaBot Wrote:I've got the Gigabyte H57M-USB3 w/ i3 530. Grabbed the latest build (r30567) and everything seems to be working great.

h.264 @ 12MB/s --/> vcpu: 40-50% cpu: ~5%

What O.S. are you using?. I've installed ubuntu karmic 9.11 with the same hardware as you and after rebooting the system hangs. I've tried several times but the result still the same.

Everything works fine in Windows 7, installing mobo cd drivers.

I think I try to install a minimal karmic 9.11 in a USB stick to test but I'm not sure about the resault. Has anyone working ubuntu in this mobo and CPU?.

Marky.
Does anyone have any handshake issues with the gigabyte h55Ms2h and core i3? When ever I switch inputs on the TV away from the PC and back it will take about 2 to 3 minutes for the signal to handshake and lock. Same issue from boot up, although it is slightly faster on bootup. Once it has the signal it is solid until I reboot or switch inputs on the TV. I still need to do more testing on the GPU to see how well it is performing, but I would like to resolve this handshake issue if I can. I didn't have this problem with my old md with onboard nvidia 7100. Anyone else seen this problem?
extension23 Wrote:Does anyone have any handshake issues with the gigabyte h55Ms2h and core i3? When ever I switch inputs on the TV away from the PC and back it will take about 2 to 3 minutes for the signal to handshake and lock. Same issue from boot up, although it is slightly faster on bootup. Once it has the signal it is solid until I reboot or switch inputs on the TV. I still need to do more testing on the GPU to see how well it is performing, but I would like to resolve this handshake issue if I can. I didn't have this problem with my old md with onboard nvidia 7100. Anyone else seen this problem?

I had a similar issue w/ my Onkyo receiver and the Gigabyte board you mention, however it was a known issue w/ the Onkyo (faulty hdmi board causing it not to sync sometimes), which I had repaired under warranty.

*edit* I realized I was wrong, my board is the ga-h55m-ud2h.
I ended up putting in a cheap nvidia 210. Other than it taking 2 minutes or more to handshake with my television, the i3 actually worked really well with the new dx builds. The problem was that it made it really frustrating that when ever you switched the inputs on the TV back to the XBMC machine you had to wait 2 minutes or more for an image to come up. I will eventually upgrade the TV, so maybe when I do that I will be able to retest and see if it works better with another set.
Hey All,

I am in some serious need of help.. I have finished building my HTPC Today but unable to correct sound from my intel i3 HD Graphics via HDMI .. Below are the Specs of my HTPC:

Silverstone SG06 Case

ZOTAC H55 ITX WIFI motherboard

Intel i3 530 Clarkdale

4GB Crucial DDR3 RAM

40GB Kingston SSD

Windows 7 Home Premium

After installing windows updates I went to the Zotac website and installed the intel HD graphics and HD sound for my motherboard.. I also installed the Realtek codecs.

I have the HDMI running from my Zotac motherboard into the Onkyo 608 Amp and then from the AMP to the TV via the HDMI out..

The problem is my AMP keeps flickering "HDMI, Multi Channel" on the front visual display of the amp and its actually making a clicking noise (cutting out and then coming back) . " you here a little bit of the audio but then cuts out and then comes back...and the HDMI and PCM sign flashes a few times and for a few seconds there is sound and then it cuts out again....?

When I hit display button on the remote whilst playing a .mkv file with DTS sound it says input 5.1 PCM and then Multi Channel or something like this but keeps flickering.. ?

Can anyone please advise me as what I need to do? Am I doing anything wrong ..? Is there a setting in the Onkyo 608 or anything I need to do to windows to get everything working perfectly? Do I need to disable the onboard sound card via bios or something to prevent maybe a conflictHuh

Also just to note my amp is set to HDMI - Through mode but I have tried all the other modes and the same thing happens..

Interestingly enough I installed XBMC onto my windows 7 and when I played the same .mkv file it actually displayed DTS instead of Multi Channel on the visual of the amp and played fantastic surround sound untill it started cutting in and out again flashing HDMI on the front visual of the Onkyo 608.

Please can you guys assist.. Other options I am considering is:

1 - Install linux (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) and XBMC and see how that goes or

2 - Keep windows 7 and just purchase an ATI 5770 which supports DTS HD MASTER and DD 5.1 TRUE HD.. or will I have the same problems with the card that I am already having?

This is very annoying. please please try and help me out guys

Thank you in advance..

Thanks..
mkohman Wrote:Hey All,

I am in some serious need of help.. I have finished building my HTPC Today but unable to correct sound from my intel i3 HD Graphics via HDMI .. Below are the Specs of my HTPC:

Silverstone SG06 Case
ZOTAC H55 ITX WIFI motherboard
Intel i3 530 Clarkdale
4GB Crucial DDR3 RAM
40GB Kingston SSD
Windows 7 Home Premium

Very similar to my build (tho no Zotac itx board). I also have an Onkyo amp (from HT-S6100 home theatre kit).

Quote:After installing windows updates I went to the Zotac website and installed the intel HD graphics and HD sound for my motherboard.. I also installed the Realtek codecs.

I would recommend getting the latest drivers from intel (I think they are from the beginning of June). You shouldn't need to install the Realtek codecs/drivers (unless you also want to be able to use the onboard audio output).

Intel's HD Graphics driver download

Quote:I have the HDMI running from my Zotac motherboard into the Onkyo 608 Amp and then from the AMP to the TV via the HDMI out..

Yep same thing I do.

Quote:The problem is my AMP keeps flickering "HDMI, Multi Channel" on the front visual display of the amp and its actually making a clicking noise (cutting out and then coming back) . " you here a little bit of the audio but then cuts out and then comes back...and the HDMI and PCM sign flashes a few times and for a few seconds there is sound and then it cuts out again....?

Very odd, but I'm wondering if it's related to the Realtek drivers being installed. It sounds like it's switching between bitstreaming and decoding @ the pc and sending raw pcm to the amp.

Quote:Can anyone please advise me as what I need to do? Am I doing anything wrong ..? Is there a setting in the Onkyo 608 or anything I need to do to windows to get everything working perfectly? Do I need to disable the onboard sound card via bios or something to prevent maybe a conflictHuh

Maybe. I think I have mine disabled in the bios, but I can check again. Also, you can also check your Sound settings and make sure the Intel HD audio is set as your default in the control panel.

Quote:Also just to note my amp is set to HDMI - Through mode but I have tried all the other modes and the same thing happens..

I don't think this should matter

Quote:1 - Install linux (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) and XBMC and see how that goes or

2 - Keep windows 7 and just purchase an ATI 5770 which supports DTS HD MASTER and DD 5.1 TRUE HD.. or will I have the same problems with the card that I am already having?

1. I don't think Linux is the answer (though I am a fan!), I'm not sure how well the acceleration works in Linux for the Intel GPUs. I'm sure it's just an audio conflict.

2. Another card might resolve the issue because it'll be installing new drivers which might set everything up for you properly, but I don't think you need to go that route. Also, I've seen some passively cooled 5570's that should support bitstreaming and most (if not all) of ATI's post-processing magic. Again, I don't think you really need to go that route though.
extension23 Wrote:I ended up putting in a cheap nvidia 210. Other than it taking 2 minutes or more to handshake with my television, the i3 actually worked really well with the new dx builds. The problem was that it made it really frustrating that when ever you switched the inputs on the TV back to the XBMC machine you had to wait 2 minutes or more for an image to come up. I will eventually upgrade the TV, so maybe when I do that I will be able to retest and see if it works better with another set.

Did you check to make sure you had the latest Intel video drivers installed?

Intel's Driver Download

Latest version is from June 8th, 2010.

Just a thought Smile
Just to let you know I have tried what you suggested and still not working.. Ok let me make this a little more clear to you please..:

1 - When my HTPC is on and windows 7 is loaded if I play a movie in Windows Media Player on the Onkyo it says MULTI CHANNEL and HDMI logo is on.. after a few seconds the HDMI logo flashes and the sounds cuts out and comes back .. this repeats itself over and over again..

2 - The only way when I press the Movie Preset button on the control to get it to actually output my .mkv (DTS) files to actual DTS is via XBMC (Xbox Media Centre) I go into the settings in XBMC and set the audio out to digital and receiver which supports AC3 and DTS is checked and when I play a movie in XBMC it now says DTS on the Receiver with the HDMI logo displayed but as above again it only lasts a few seconds (maybe 20-30 seconds) then cuts out again and the DTS sign dissapers and the small HDMI logo on the top left of the Onkyo 608 Visual display flashes and then comes back and the DTS is displayed again.. and this repeats its self over and over again..

Please see attached some screen shots which I took just to show you of some of the settings on my HTPC and Onkyo 608.. Maybe I am doing something wrong.. There is obviousleu some kind of handshake issue between the intel i3 HD graphics or the Zotac H55 ITX mother board HDMI output and the receiver.. please help me solve this issue it is driving my looney

***PLEASE SEE LINK FOR THE ORIGINAL POST WITH SCREEN SHOTS*** Many Thanks

http://forum.blu-ray.com/receivers/14554...-help.html
mkohman Wrote:Just to let you know I have tried what you suggested and still not working.. Ok let me make this a little more clear to you please..:

1 - When my HTPC is on and windows 7 is loaded if I play a movie in Windows Media Player on the Onkyo it says MULTI CHANNEL and HDMI logo is on.. after a few seconds the HDMI logo flashes and the sounds cuts out and comes back .. this repeats itself over and over again..

2 - The only way when I press the Movie Preset button on the control to get it to actually output my .mkv (DTS) files to actual DTS is via XBMC (Xbox Media Centre) I go into the settings in XBMC and set the audio out to digital and receiver which supports AC3 and DTS is checked and when I play a movie in XBMC it now says DTS on the Receiver with the HDMI logo displayed but as above again it only lasts a few seconds (maybe 20-30 seconds) then cuts out again and the DTS sign dissapers and the small HDMI logo on the top left of the Onkyo 608 Visual display flashes and then comes back and the DTS is displayed again.. and this repeats its self over and over again..

Please see attached some screen shots which I took just to show you of some of the settings on my HTPC and Onkyo 608.. Maybe I am doing something wrong.. There is obviousleu some kind of handshake issue between the intel i3 HD graphics or the Zotac H55 ITX mother board HDMI output and the receiver.. please help me solve this issue it is driving my looney

***PLEASE SEE LINK FOR THE ORIGINAL POST WITH SCREEN SHOTS*** Many Thanks

http://forum.blu-ray.com/receivers/14554...-help.html

Definitely odd. This only happens when playing DTS tracks? And I take it that video continues to play, as well(otherwise I imagine you'd mention that). Do audio files play fine? How about movies with ac3 tracks?.

I would try:

disabling the 2 Realtek Audio Devices (labeled Speakers and Realtek digital output). You can right-click each and disable. It'll at least rule that out as a possible problem. If you aren't using the devices, you could go as far as disabling the onboard audio (which is separate from the i3's hdmi audio).

I don't know if you tried it yet, but I'd grab the latest driver from the link I provided earlier (15.​​17.​​7.​​2141). The drivers on Zotac's site is much older (Driver Revision: 15.16.5.64.2021, from December 2009)
jagilbertvt Wrote:Definitely odd. This only happens when playing DTS tracks? And I take it that video continues to play, as well(otherwise I imagine you'd mention that). Do audio files play fine? How about movies with ac3 tracks?.

I would try:

disabling the 2 Realtek Audio Devices (labeled Speakers and Realtek digital output). You can right-click each and disable. It'll at least rule that out as a possible problem. If you aren't using the devices, you could go as far as disabling the onboard audio (which is separate from the i3's hdmi audio).

I don't know if you tried it yet, but I'd grab the latest driver from the link I provided earlier (15.​​17.​​7.​​2141). The drivers on Zotac's site is much older (Driver Revision: 15.16.5.64.2021, from December 2009)

Thank you.. I will definitely disable the realtek in the control panel and also install the latest drivers from intel website see if that works.. How would I disable the onboard sound on bios? I mean what is it called?

Also could you please advise me how to do this:

I have the HTPC downstairs with a single SSD drive which I have the OS installed (windows 7) and my main PC upstairs has all my .mkv movies .. I have both PC's connected to the network via router . Please can you advise me if I can stream movies from my PC upstairs to my pc downstairs using XBMC?

What would be the settings I need to do please can you guide me through this.. or point me to the right place..

Many Thanks Smile
mkohman Wrote:Thank you.. I will definitely disable the realtek in the control panel and also install the latest drivers from intel website see if that works.. How would I disable the onboard sound on bios? I mean what is it called?

Also could you please advise me how to do this:

I have the HTPC downstairs with a single SSD drive which I have the OS installed (windows 7) and my main PC upstairs has all my .mkv movies .. I have both PC's connected to the network via router . Please can you advise me if I can stream movies from my PC upstairs to my pc downstairs using XBMC?

What would be the settings I need to do please can you guide me through this.. or point me to the right place..

Many Thanks Smile

The URL="http://downloads.zotac.com/mediadrivers/mb/man/pa130.pdf"]manual[/url] (page 19) gives you information on Entering the BIOS,if you aren't familiar with doing so, and (page 26) provides a screen shot of the "Chipset" screen and indicated that you'd enter th South Bridge configuration to disable HDA (the onboard audio). However, if you aren't comfortable going into the BIOS, I wouldn't worry about it. Disabling it in Windows should likely be enough.

The best way to stream the mkv's from your main pc to the HTPC is using windows file sharing. If you aren't familiar with setting up filesharing in Windows, check out these links:

Enable file and printer sharing
Windows 7 HomeGroup Setup (only available if both PCs are running Windows 7).
Share files with someone

You can then either map a drive to the share you've created (see Map network drive) or when you add Video locations in XBMC, select "Network location" and you can browse to your main PC and the shared folder(s).
jagilbertvt Wrote:The URL="http://downloads.zotac.com/mediadrivers/mb/man/pa130.pdf"]manual[/url] (page 19) gives you information on Entering the BIOS,if you aren't familiar with doing so, and (page 26) provides a screen shot of the "Chipset" screen and indicated that you'd enter th South Bridge configuration to disable HDA (the onboard audio). However, if you aren't comfortable going into the BIOS, I wouldn't worry about it. Disabling it in Windows should likely be enough.

The best way to stream the mkv's from your main pc to the HTPC is using windows file sharing. If you aren't familiar with setting up filesharing in Windows, check out these links:

Enable file and printer sharing
Windows 7 HomeGroup Setup (only available if both PCs are running Windows 7).
Share files with someone

You can then either map a drive to the share you've created (see Map network drive) or when you add Video locations in XBMC, select "Network location" and you can browse to your main PC and the shared folder(s).

Thank you for your help. I will check those links.. Just a quick one is there anything I need to do in XBMC if I want to stream from pc upstairs or will the links be enough?

Also how do I enable the HDMI audio from the bios of the Zotac H55? Thanks Smile
The links should do the trick. Once file sharing is configured you can add the network share (or mapped drive) to the Video sources in XBMC. Shouldn't need to do anything beyond that (other than setting the content and scanning the content into the library).
jagilbertvt Wrote:Did you check to make sure you had the latest Intel video drivers installed?

Intel's Driver Download

Latest version is from June 8th, 2010.

Just a thought Smile

Yeah, I was running that version of the driver. I am not sure it is even a driver issue but perhaps more at the hardware level. For example, I could cold boot and blindly enter the bios by pressing the delete key. I would still end up waiting the 2 or more minutes for the handshake to work itself out before I would get the bios screen on the TV. The Nvidia card on the other hand gets a display almost immediately at boot and I can actually see the whole boot process.
extension23 Wrote:Yeah, I was running that version of the driver. I am not sure it is even a driver issue but perhaps more at the hardware level. For example, I could cold boot and blindly enter the bios by pressing the delete key. I would still end up waiting the 2 or more minutes for the handshake to work itself out before I would get the bios screen on the TV. The Nvidia card on the other hand gets a display almost immediately at boot and I can actually see the whole boot process.

Yeah, definitely sounds like a hardware issue, just figured I'd toss that out there. Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for your tv?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Intel HD / Core i3 Graphics1