Plot information for movies...
berzerker Wrote:With plot information on (in the current pre-Eden), I enjoy seeing the plot summaries for Movies, but I also would really like to have the movie's year visible. As a feature request / option, is there any way to put the year next to the movie name so I can see both the plot summary and the year without going into Movie Information (ie Macbeth (1946) and Macbeth (2010))? It already seems to do this in Cover Flow view, but I really prefer Fanart view.

i'm afraid i can't keep adding options for each possible combination of all the info available.

you can mod the skin yourself though, in View-Fanart.xml, change line 338 to:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Title]$INFO[ListItem.Year, (,)]</label>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i'm afraid i can't keep adding options for each possible combination of all the info available.

you can mod the skin yourself though, in View-Fanart.xml, change line 338 to:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Title]$INFO[ListItem.Year, (,)]</label>

Cool beans, looks like that should work. Thanks for the quick response!
Ronie is absolutely right of course but I added my own logic to this and decided that since we already know the title from the poster and the list on the right, why not omit the title and change the info to "Year - Duration - Genre"

Therefore, line 338 of View-Fanrt.xml now reads
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Year] - $INFO[ListItem.Duration]min - $INFO[ListItem.Genre]</label>

I placed the genre at the end because I wanted to keep the font size at 30 and as seen below, some genres are quite long and would have prevented the duration from appearing.

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
Ronie, I was curious as to whether the Plot Info for Movies/TV Shows could be scrolled horizontally along the bottom of the screen in a single line underneath everything else. That way all information would be available on a single screen. (In Fanart view, of course)

Thanks.

Just to clarify, I mean the entire bottom line of the screen, similar to the rss feeds on the homepage.
(2012-07-11, 23:09)EvilnSyde Wrote: Ronie, I was curious as to whether the Plot Info for Movies/TV Shows could be scrolled horizontally along the bottom of the screen in a single line underneath everything else. That way all information would be available on a single screen. (In Fanart view, of course)

Thanks.

The way I have it setup, see post above, the plot starts scrolling after a few seconds when it is longer that the screen space.

I like your idea but with my luck, the phone would ring, I would lose my place and I'd have to wait forever to get back to spot I was. LOL

Running Kodi 18.9
I'm trying to get plots to always show on DialogFullScreenInfo.xml for both movies and TV, instead of highlighting the little "i" button. Every attempt I've made looks horribly wrong, or breaks DialogFullScreenInfo.xml altogether. :/

I like the size and position of the shown plot, I'd just prefer to have to appear as soon as I hit my "I" key.

..true be told, I didn't even know that the plot could be shown on that screen at all - I had just discovered it. a
(2012-07-13, 08:10)argh! Wrote: I'm trying to get plots to always show on DialogFullScreenInfo.xml for both movies and TV, instead of highlighting the little "i" button. Every attempt I've made looks horribly wrong, or breaks DialogFullScreenInfo.xml altogether. :/

I like the size and position of the shown plot, I'd just prefer to have to appear as soon as I hit my "I" key.

..true be told, I didn't even know that the plot could be shown on that screen at all - I had just discovered it. a

Its your lucky day, in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml, look for the control type group that containsVideoPlayer.Plot and comment out these two lines
Code:
<!--                 <visible>Control.HasFocus(2) | [Control.HasFocus(3) + !VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)] | Control.HasFocus(60) | Control.HasFocus(61)</visible> -->

and in the next group, textbox, comment this line
Code:
<!--                     <visible>Control.HasFocus(2) | Control.HasFocus(60)</visible> -->

By doing so, the page no longer checks if the "i" has focus and displays the plot.

Now, if only I could get the info screen to come up on the AppleTV1stGen...

Enjoy

Running Kodi 18.9
Sweet. Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plot information for movies...0