Trouble with SMB
I cannot seem to add a network share in XBMC under Ubuntu. I have 2 computers networked - both have Windows 7 and neither have the Windows Live Assistant installed. One of them works, and one of them doesn't. The one that is giving problems does this: In XBMC I hit the browse button and a window pops up asking me to input a username and password...I enter both correctly and hit ok and it just pops back up. I have no idea why this is happening! As I said earlier, one computer works while this one doesn't.

Any thoughts?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60868&page=5

look for my post. This will fix it i promise. and you must do it to every win 7 machine on the network.
Another solution:

Wait for the soon to be released XBMC Live release based on 10.04. Because in that OS it is fixed.

A apt-get dist-upgrade will fix it in 9.10, but it will also hose your display settings so it is not recommended personally....
Similar thing happened to me trying to browse a share on my Windows Home Server, it would simply hang when trying to connect, and I would be forced to reboot system... This was with a clean install of Ubuntu 10.04.. I ended up going back to XBMC live until official lucid released are available...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with SMB0