tvdb scraper missing latest episodes
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting episodes of 'The Daily Show' from the tvdb scraper. From the log linked to below, I can see that GetEpisodeList only gets episodes up to mid-April or so. But if I download the en.zip manually and take a look I can see that all the new episodes are in there. Any ideas as to why xbmc isn't picking up all the episodes?

http://pastebin.com/zuZXWxDv
I looked into the code a bit and found that it was using a cached result from thetvdb, scored in ~/.xbmc/temp/scrapers/tvdb.xml/71256.xml.

I've nuked the cache files and now all my recent episodes scan in properly, along with episodes of other shows that had the same issue.

So how often is the cache supposed to be used for? Since the cached value was several weeks old, this seems like a bug.
This sounds simular to the problem that I am running into. Where would the cache files be located in Windows 7. I have looked for them and can not find them.

Thanks
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
So I'm still having an issue here. I find that most scraping seems to work but any of my shows that are scraped based on date never update the cached info from tvdb. I can manually clear the cache but then when new shows are added the cache is never updated.

Again it seems to only be a problem with shows that are scraped based on date. I thought I could find the problem in the code but I can't see where in the code the cache is cleared for tv episodes at all. CScraperUrl::Get just seems to return whatever is in the file, and ClearCache() is only called by FindMovie which isn't used to scan for new TV epsiodes.

If someone could point me to this, I'd be happy to continue digging.
i'm having this issue with 'the daily show' as well. is there any other way around this apart from manually clearing the cache files?
twotone8 Wrote:i'm having this issue with 'the daily show' as well. is there any other way around this apart from manually clearing the cache files?

Not that I know of yet. So your other shows update properly, just not the daily show? Do you have any other date-based shows? I`m still not sure why that would be the difference or if it even is.
Ditto here on Windows XP. I have to delete the Cache file for any changes made to my library to update.
parastie Wrote:Ditto here on Windows XP. I have to delete the Cache file for any changes made to my library to update.

Just any TV shows? What if you add a Movie?
I created trac 9241 for this.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9241

The quick patch I submitted is here if anyone else wants to test it:
Code:
diff --git a/xbmc/utils/IMDB.cpp b/xbmc/utils/IMDB.cpp
index 2d4c5eb..5b16cd6 100644
--- a/xbmc/utils/IMDB.cpp
+++ b/xbmc/utils/IMDB.cpp
@@ -633,6 +633,7 @@ bool CIMDB::GetEpisodeList(const CScraperUrl& url, IMDB_EPISODELIST& movieDetail
   // load our scraper xml
   if (!m_parser.Load(m_info))
     return false;
+  m_parser.ClearCache();

// fill in the defaults
   movieDetails.clear();
sorry. bit of a noob. what exactly is a 'trac'. is it something i can install and implement myself? or is it something created in the hopes that it might someday included in one of xbmc builds?
twotone8 Wrote:sorry. bit of a noob. what exactly is a 'trac'. is it something i can install and implement myself? or is it something created in the hopes that it might someday included in one of xbmc builds?

Its a bug tracking system, but it also allows fixes to be submitted like the one above. One of the xbmc developers will have to review the change and accept it before it would go into the main source tree and make its way into builds. The only way to try the patch without waiting would be to build xbmc from source yourself.
csbook Wrote:I looked into the code a bit and found that it was using a cached result from thetvdb, scored in ~/.xbmc/temp/scrapers/tvdb.xml/71256.xml.

This sounds like exactly the same problem I've been having this week. I've had a look for that file though and can't find it. Where would the scraper cache be on Vista?
Somewhere under %APPDATA%/Xbmc
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Found it, deleted it and the scraper's working again. Thanks very much!
any update as to whether or not this will get fixed in the future?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvdb scraper missing latest episodes0