Pointing library to different drive
As I have SQlite Browser on my PC I just gave something else a try which you might want to try as you seem to have problems exporting

I loaded the xbmc MyVideos34.db into SQlite Browser, selected "Export Table as CSV" then chose to export path, opened CSV in Notepad++ changed path again with find replace then saved

In SQlite Browser chose "Delete Table" and selected path then saved, then I chose "Import table from CSV" named it path and selected option "Extract field names from first line"

That gave me a new db with changed path, I didn't test in XBMC I'll leave that to you Smile
I tried the SQlite solution. Pretty straight forward and once done, all my TV shows and movies appeared in my library! But no artwork at all. I read after filenames for artwork as tbn files are named with a CRC hash of the file location. So without an M drive I was out of luck.

At home I have a 2 TB hdd with all my media (m drive) which I back up to an external drive on a regular basis. I took this ext drive with me and my laptop picked it up as E drive but it wouldn't show in Disk Management to allow me to change the drive letter. But I found this solution

Quote:Run "regedit" and select the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/MountedDevices" folder. See all the "Dos Devices" listed? You'll have one entry for each physically mounted drive (HDD or Disc) plus you'll have one show up for each USB drive you attempt to insert. Double click each device listed and see if you see text saying something like "U.S.B.S.T.O.R...". Once you find that device, right click it and select "Rename". Now change the drive letter to something unused... like Q: or something. Close regedit, disconnect the USB device and reconnect again.

worked like a charm. I renamed to M. I used my original sources.XML file and myvideos db and it all works prefectly.

Thanks for all your help. That SQlite program could be handy sometime.
Hey >>X<< thats a great tip! Would you mind writing up a wiki page dealing with the various ways to account for media path changes and how to update the library accordingly? You know what. I'll even sign myself up to help. If you're up to it, PM me. We start with an outline and take it from there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Here is what is already in there.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...base-files
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cle...p_Database
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I didn't realize something was already there. What's listed there is kind of dangerous. It's just not just changing "smb://nas/disk-3/" to "smb://nas/disk-1/". It's really changing all paths to be "smb://nas/disk-1" plus everything from pos17 onward from the existing path. It should have a where clause of something like WHERE strPath LIKE 'smb://nas/disk-3/%' to limit it.

* edit *
Also, SQLite's substr() supports the simple substr(strPath,17) construction to denote from pos17 thru the end of the string.
I guess the two should be combined and of course all "dangerous" stuff removed.
Yeah Smile I'll give this some thought and update that page on the weekend.
Running Windows version of XBMC.

I'm in the process of doing the same thing as the OP -- moving the location of my video files from one drive to another.

I exported my library to an xml file, and was planning on just opening it up in a text editor and doing a global find and replace to change the old drive letter to the new drive letter, but I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any instances of paths to image files on the old drive or to the XBMC program folder (I'm not sure if the images that XBMC uses are cached somewhere locally or if it actually reads the image files that I have throughout my video drive each time it displays an image... also, I'm using XBMC in portable mode). In the exported xml file, there are plenty of <thumb> and <fanart> tags with "http" paths to images that I'm assuming are online (I think most or all are to imdb.com or themoviedb.org). Why is this? Where is the information stored for the paths to image files associated with each video in the library? Is it just not exported with the library?

I really don't want to have to go through and manually set all the thumbnails and fanart again, which it seems like I have to do for approx 1 in 5 movies / TV show seasons, as for some reason they randomly don't detect the appropriate local image files.
Yeah, thats something you can't change easily as the cached filename is a crc32 hash computed from the item's path. If the path is different, the computer hash is different.
What about a link from a movie to a TV show. I have some movies that I've linked to TV shows so that they show up under those TV shows. Is that information exported, or will I have to redo those links?

If it's not exported from the library, is it because it's not stored in the library, and if so, where is this info stored? Just curious.

Also curious where the actual info that says "use this cached image file for movie X's thumbnail" is stored.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pointing library to different drive0