Dutch translation (xbmc/skin/addons)10.x release (multiple users working on the same)
Hello all

I'm using the xbmc-pvr branch for the past two years now and after some hickups it's working quite well now.

I few month back i decided to translate the pvr branch into Dutch.
The pvr branch is almost up2date with trunk so i translated (almost) everything.
Yesterday i saw a commit in trunk for the Dutch translation.

Then i thought mmmmhh we are all doing the same.
What is the best way to handle this (Team XBMC) any comments?

Our contributions are very welcome but is a shame to see we are all doing the same thing.

With kind regards

William van de Velde
Hello Mathijs and Seba,

Now i have the two persons found who are contributing on the Ducth translation for XBMC.

I have checked both your files for the xbmc/language/Dutch/strings.xml but i miss a lot off strings that were committed to trunk.

For the translation being done for the next release it is important to use the english strings.xml from trunk. The peace i'm missing is the part about the addons.
<!-- strings 24000 thru 24299 reserved for the addons framework -->
See file: http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/langu...trings.xml line: 2112

I also have a translation done for the pvr-testing2 branche (but maybe not the best translation people expect).
This one is exactly the same as the english translation file in terms off length and cariage returns. This file contains 2691 lines at the moment (also contains parts for pvr-testing2) wich probably will merge with trunk.

So i think we should focus on the english strings.xml that is in trunk right now.

@seba and/or Mathijs

Could you take a look at the Dutch translation from pvr-testing?
http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/pv...trings.xml
Also the skin confluence has been translated could you guys also take a look at that?
I think these files are really complete.

@Team XBMC
Would it be good to also start translating for the pvr-testing2 branch?

===
Update: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73235&page=2
The pvr branche will not be merged into trunk before the next release so there should only be translation for current trunk.
===

With kind regards

William van de Velde
Hello all,

i don't get any reactions but i have created two dutch translation patches for xbmc and confluence for current trunk.
The files are identical as the english strings and i merged the already applied translated parts to these files and pulled the missing strings from my own translation from the pvr-testing branche. So now the addon parts are also translated and i made some changes to the already translated parts.

When the patches are applied please test them. Any comments are welcome.

With kind regards

William
The last few weeks I’ve updated al lot of strings for the core xbmc, confluence en the pm3-Hd. Don't know how this could affect the strings of the pvr branch. Because it was a lot of work, i started a project with Stijn to make the new strings together. If people want to join please contact me over PM.
Are the following translation errors accounted for in the new version:

String 133999 should be "Gebruik 'The' tijdens sorteren" the translation of english is ok, but the function works exactly opposite.
String 20342 should be "Films" as the english one is movies
String 20369 should be "Plot van niet-bekeken video's tonen"
String 20379 should be "Geselecteerde map bevat 1 TV-serie"
String 20383 should be "Geselecteerde map bevat 1 video"
String 21382 should be "'Bron Toevoegen' -knoppen weergeven"

Also <string id="22030">Default player</string> is a duplicate of <string id="22030">Font</string> in the nglish file and doesn't exist in the dutch file. I added <string id="22030">Standaard speler</string> in the dutch file but I am not sure what this will do to the kareoke as I never use it.

If these are not in just yet, let me know and I will log this issue!

Ronald Bouwmans
EFORCE Wrote:Are the following translation errors accounted for in the new version:

String 133999 should be "Gebruik 'The' tijdens sorteren" the translation of english is ok, but the function works exactly opposite.
String 20342 should be "Films" as the english one is movies
String 20369 should be "Plot van niet-bekeken video's tonen"
String 20379 should be "Geselecteerde map bevat 1 TV-serie"
String 20383 should be "Geselecteerde map bevat 1 video"
String 21382 should be "'Bron Toevoegen' -knoppen weergeven"

Also <string id="22030">Default player</string> is a duplicate of <string id="22030">Font</string> in the nglish file and doesn't exist in the dutch file. I added <string id="22030">Standaard speler</string> in the dutch file but I am not sure what this will do to the kareoke as I never use it.

If these are not in just yet, let me know and I will log this issue!

Ronald Bouwmans

http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/Dh...uage/Dutch
You could see for your self, but all of them are changed.
Only 20369 is still "verbergen" if you say it's wrong i could change that.
Aha, so this is how I can check.

Thanks a lot.
Hi, found another error in the Dutch translation:

<string id="773">Uitpakken</string>

English translation: Seeking (shown when skipping forward/backwards 30 seconds). It's a bit hard to translate, but I propose 'Overslaan' for this string. Anyone agree?
sfinx Wrote:Hi, found another error in the Dutch translation:

<string id="773">Uitpakken</string>

English translation: Seeking (shown when skipping forward/backwards 30 seconds). It's a bit hard to translate, but I propose 'Overslaan' for this string. Anyone agree?

it's a difficult one, i'll think about it.
seeking > Sprong ?
What about "Zoeken"?

Robotica Wrote:seeking > Sprong ?
Ticket submitted

update 28-11-2010: changed in dharma en trunk
May I suggest changing label 13010 ('Hibernate') which is currently translated as 'Winterslaap (S4)' to something more meaningful? In Dutch Windows 7, Suspend is translated as 'Slaapstand' and Hibernate is 'Sluimerstand'. So, this label could be changed to 'Sluimerstand' or 'Sluimerstand (S4)' for that matter.
sfinx Wrote:May I suggest changing label 13010 ('Hibernate') which is currently translated as 'Winterslaap (S4)' to something more meaningful? In Dutch Windows 7, Suspend is translated as 'Slaapstand' and Hibernate is 'Sluimerstand'. So, this label could be changed to 'Sluimerstand' or 'Sluimerstand (S4)' for that matter.

Kind of bugged me to Wink
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/628
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Kind of bugged me to Wink
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/628
Great, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dutch translation (xbmc/skin/addons)10.x release (multiple users working on the same)0