BDMV Structure Supported
Hi guys,

Using latest svn version of xbmc (before the big changes started) but none of my blu-rays stored on hdd are being seen. Is there a way to get xbmc to detect BDMV directory structures?

Regards,
"Detect" them in what regard? They will play fine, if they are decrypted. But you need to manually play the largest m2ts file in the streams folder. I was thinking that the stacking function could be expanded to do this in the same way it handles DVD file systems, essentially stacking them into the video_ts.ifo file.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Detect them as in show them in the list of movies. Yes they play fine using my external player, either using the index.bdmv file, or using the largest m2ts file (not always the way to go of course).

Detecting the index.bdmv is the correct way, and when in a strucure like this, xbmc can't traverse down through to find the index.bdmv.

c:\Films\Avatar\BDMV\index.bdmv

XBMC doesn't find it, as I point to c:\Films\ as a source. Leaving out the BDMV part allows XBMC to find the index.bdmv (When its added manually in the Advancedsettings.xml file), but then other apps might not like that, eg mpc-hc.
Well I cant answer your question exactly, but I have been putting my Blu-Rays on disk for XBMC and when I found out that XBMC does not support the Blu-Ray structures, the alternatives are ripping the movies to a .m2ts file which ir can read fine or an .mkv file. If you are running a windows install there are a couple workarounds in scripts to launch the Blu-Rays with PowerDVD instead of playing directly within XBMC. I myself run a Linux install and have been copying my discs to .m2ts files and have been working great.
turn on stack mode.
Nice. I apparently missed the integration of libbdnav. Is that supported on Windoze?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BDMV Structure Supported0