Integrated sabnzb support and a notification API?
Lightbulb 
I'm quite new to the XBMC platform, so please excuse me if I'm missing something.

Would it be an idea to have sabnzbd api support build directly into XBMC?
This way we would have a global method for skins to track the current download queue & speed and just read it from a variable, without the need of any python scripts.

A skin could show your current download information on the home screen.

For example:
Code:
<item>

<label>$INFO[sabnzbd.downloadSpeed]<</label>

<visible>sabnzbd.isActive()</visible>

</item>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xbmc+sabnzbd
I am aware of that, however those are all python controller scripts.
What I'm refering to is a global method of reading information about your current sabnzbd status that any skin could use without the need of additional plugins.
Personally find it handy to have on my homescreen.
Seems silly to reserve precious screen real estate for something that others might not be using. If we did that for sabnzbd, then I can see all the other plugins asking for their reserved location too. And that's not going to happen as it would eat up the limited screen real estate.

A better idea is a reserved location for notifications. Or here's a thought, do your own RSS feed from your sabnzbd server and show that.
Well right now I use a python script that communicates with the sabnbzd server, which stores the results in one of those variables.

But yea, you are right, maybe some sort of notification area where addons and other software could communicate with through the XBMC api, would be a good idea.

That would be pretty sweet, as example we could write plugins for our email clients to output "You've got mail" on your TV.
you can autostart your script and make a dialog windows appears only on home screen.
rzReaver Wrote:Well right now I use a python script that communicaties with the sabnbzd server, which stores the results in one of those variables.

But yea, you are right, maybe some sort of notification area where addons and other software could communicate with through the XBMC api, would be a good idea.

That would be pretty sweet, as example we could write plugins for our email clients to output "You've got mail" on your TV.

Personally, I'd turn all other "features" off. When I'm watching a movie, I really don't want any interruptions.
Yes, ofcourse.
I'm referring to the home screen. My idea/suggestion is a way to share outside information on your home screen, in my case sabnzbd data. But like you suggested yourself it could be any form of notifications.

As I run XBMC in standalone as many people do, I think people would find it useful to have a way of having certain unrelated information available within XBMC much like your RSS feed, except that software running outside of XBMC could push information through the API.
If you could also do this for Sickbeard's "coming soon" page, so that it would function almost like a TV guide of what you have scheduled, that would be great. Especially if it included things like synopsis and images.

Of course, sickbeard could really stand to have it's own controller plugin--though I guess that much wouldn't really make sense until it is further along in development.
Why cant u just make a home item called sabnzbd and get a python script to show the info on that screen just like what the latest tv/movies script does on some skins? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55907

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated sabnzb support and a notification API?0