problems scraping multi disc albums
Question 
i have a query here on how to go about scraping multi disc albums.
in my wmp library the tags for multi disc albums are labelled:
"album title (disc #)"
in xbmc last.fm is my default scraper for music which does a great job most of the time. however, when i try and search for album info on a multi disc album, nothing comes back.
when i lookup a multi disc album on the website i notice that rather than having disc 1 and disc 2 of the album it lists them just as tracks 1-25 for example.
i assume that this is why nothing is returned on the search.

my question; is there a way to alter the search so as to ignore the "(disc #)" in the tag title? Huh
or
is it possible to have xbmc return say the 5 closest matches and let me manually choose? (this would be handy for artists also)
i have a LOT of music and dont fancy renaming all of my multi disc albums to get the scrapes to work nor do i like the idea of having multi disc albums show up as 1 disc with a heap of tracks in my wmp library.

running xbmc v9.11 using confluence skin.
cheersBig Grin
The moment you have the Disc# included in the Album field (which I assume you mean?) you are making two different albums.
Easiest way that would require no new XBMC function is to tag the sets as one album but use the Discnumber field to seperate the discs.
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
ShabbyDog Wrote:The moment you have the Disc# included in the Album field (which I assume you mean?) you are making two different albums.
Easiest way that would require no new XBMC function is to tag the sets as one album but use the Discnumber field to seperate the discs.

i wasnt aware that there was disc number option. is that available thru windows media player to edit the tag? (thats where i edit all the tag info from now) if not, how do i go about adding it?
thanks
I use a tool called mp3tag to edit my tags and that handles the Discnumber field just fine at least.
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
Anything half-decent will allow for that (there is debate on whether WMP falls into that category, I cannot even find the tag editor in WMP 12 Smile ).
Free alternatives are for example MediaMonkey and Foobar2000.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've used a slew of tag editors: Media Monkey, Foobar, ID3 Tagit, mp3tag, MusicBrainz Picard to name a just of few. I keep coming back to two in particular - mp3tag and my custom written perl tagging scripts that translate my filesystem path into tags.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Anything half-decent will allow for that (there is debate on whether WMP falls into that category, I cannot even find the tag editor in WMP 12 Smile ).
Free alternatives are for example MediaMonkey and Foobar2000.

the tag editor is just the library mode. editing anything in the library will change the tag in wmp12.

does any1 know of a way to add / edit the disc # via wmp12 or windows 7?
im pretty happy using wmp12 to edit tags and id like 2 make sure it cant b done via wmp or win before i go downloading software i may not need.

cheers
theironyuppie Wrote:the tag editor is just the library mode. editing anything in the library will change the tag in wmp12.

does any1 know of a way to add / edit the disc # via wmp12 or windows 7?
im pretty happy using wmp12 to edit tags and id like 2 make sure it cant b done via wmp or win before i go downloading software i may not need.

cheers

ok, i figured u can add the disc number thu windows by selecting the songs on the album-> right click-> properties-> details-> then under content change 'part of set' to 1/2 or 2/2 or however many discs there are.
then you can change the album back to 1 name for both discs. only problem is it doesnt look like wmp supports 'part of set' so the tracks show up 1,1,2,2,3,3 etc.
so it seems either wmp12 library is right OR xbmc library is right.
any1 know how to get around thisHuh?
theironyuppie Wrote:ok, i figured u can add the disc number thu windows by selecting the songs on the album-> right click-> properties-> details-> then under content change 'part of set' to 1/2 or 2/2 or however many discs there are.
then you can change the album back to 1 name for both discs. only problem is it doesnt look like wmp supports 'part of set' so the tracks show up 1,1,2,2,3,3 etc.
so it seems either wmp12 library is right OR xbmc library is right.
any1 know how to get around thisHuh?

I'm looking at the exact same problem atm. I have DISCNUMBER & DISCTOTAL in my vorbis comments and "scan to library" currently doesn't consider these tags. The library interface probably wouldn't allow an extra "disc" level after album I bet.

Should we file some feature request for this or is it somewhere on the wishlist? Or can we script our way out of this?
vokiel Wrote:I'm looking at the exact same problem atm. I have DISCNUMBER & DISCTOTAL in my vorbis comments and "scan to library" currently doesn't consider these tags. The library interface probably wouldn't allow an extra "disc" level after album I bet.

Should we file some feature request for this or is it somewhere on the wishlist? Or can we script our way out of this?

the closest i could get to sorting this out is with this handy plugin:
http://bmproductions.fixnum.org/
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/inde...80263&st=0
its not fixed yet but the developer is going to try and sort it out ain the next release.
im not a coder myself so wouldnt have a clue how to go about scripting it.
i spose the only other way is a request to microsoft to fix it.Huh
let me know if u find a way.
I found a much easier way to work around this problem:

I just name the parentfolder (which is the entire album containing more discs) the appropriate name and put the tracks of disc ONE in there.
Then you just add the folders CD2, CD3 etc. (off course containing the tracks). So only the tracks of Disc One are 'loose' in the parentfolder without a CD1 folder around it.

It now identifies the album by the tracks of CD 1 that are in the parent folder and identifies the rest of the discs by tagname.

In this way you don't have to change anything but put the tracks of CD 1 in the albums Parent folder and it now only appears once in library mode; with all the tracks in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problems scraping multi disc albums0