Update XBMC library without running XBMC ?
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is any way via command line or other external program to update the XBMC library ?
I have setup the shared network library and have a machine that is always on but not up to spec to run XBMC, my XBMC clients are in suspend when not in use.
So I'd like to perform a library update (scan for new content) on the PC that is on all the time, so as soon as my clients wake the library is already current..

Can XBMC be launched with any command line options that just update the library and exit XBMC without trying to create the GUI, or is there any 3rd party tool that will do the job ?

Edit - This is under Linux btw.
You could leave XBMC open and minimized and use the HTTP API to request XBMC a library refresh from any web browser.
For command syntax and more info, you can read: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HTTP_API
This is how I've updated it in the past but the problem is the only machine that is always on in my house doesn't have the graphical power to run XBMC (it's just a UNR based MID).. so I need some way of getting the library update going without actually creating any gui.
Does EMM do this now?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update XBMC library without running XBMC ?0