A shortcut to change audio source
Hi,

Is it possible to change audio source (audiooutput/audiodevice) with a shortcut to directly select (or, better, toggle) one ?

Thanks.
You try searching?
Look for an app called QuickSoundSwitch. That may help you out
@SlaveUnit : yes, but searching for what ? To create this shortcut in XBMC ? Doesn't seem to have this possibility.

@Brad P : thanks, I already try but it doesn't work under Seven and all the alternative are very heavy. Moreover, shortcut for this kind of app doesn't work under XBMC.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71823
I run the linux version of xbmc but I've mapped a button on my remote to toggle audio tracks, of course linux uses lirc, not sure what the windows equivalent would be.
Then why are you asking in the "XBMC for Windows Specific Support" section?
SlaveUnit Wrote:Then why are you asking in the "XBMC for Windows Specific Support" section?

Oh, wasn't asking anything, just saying to the OP that it is possible with the linux version and maybe they could then figure out the windows equivalent.
gabbott Wrote:Oh, wasn't asking anything, just saying to the OP that it is possible with the linux version and maybe they could then figure out the windows equivalent.

Oppsss, sorry got you mixed up with the op.
Ok for that, I've already try autohotkey solution and other macros, but it's not very stylish (using "WinActivate, XBMC" is better, but we have to run autohotkey just for this need). It's why I'd prefered a native XBMC solution.

So, we can't define shorcut for all elements in XBMC.

Thanks.
The best I managed so far is to add

<b>System.Exec ("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,0")</b>

To the keymap.xml.

This is not elegant but does the work.
The change output dialog pops up when you prss the "b" key and you can change the audio device.
The problem is that XBMC disappears until you close the dialog, a little annoying, but something I can live with.

You can even add the following python script that automates the choosing of the device (You will have to add command line to say how much arrow down is needed or create a script for each audio device)

import os
from SendKeys import SendKeys
import time
p = os.popen("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,0")
time.sleep( 2 )
SendKeys('{DOWN}')
SendKeys('%s')
time.sleep( 1 )
SendKeys('{ENTER}')

I prefer to choose the device "by hand" but it is just me ...

Gaby

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A shortcut to change audio source0