Windows build problems with current svn.
Has anyone been able to build a working R29939 binary for Windows?

I was able to build it (eventually, after seeing Wiso's instructions about the libraries being built in the main project) but it doesn't seem to work. It starts but doesn't crash. The last entries in the log are cpluff loading the new default addons. Then nothing. No window. Nothing. I'm forced to kill the process, leaving me with a zero-byte crashlog. I have some changes that are not upstream but I doubt they are related. (Tomorrow, I'll force complete sync to svn as a test though.)

And fyi, there's an issue building lame_enc.dll. The configMS.h file needs to be renamed to config.h or it wont build, which is surprising as I would've expected something like this:

Code:
#ifdef _WIN32
#include <configMS.h>
#else
#include <config.h>
#endif

** edit **
I backed out all my changes, did a full sync, and even used the BuildSetup.bat to build which I almost never do. I've poured over the svn logs and can't figure out what I'm missing. I'm stumped and I bet it's something rather silly and trivial.

Should building the full project produce system/libexpat.dll in addition to system/players/dvdplayer/libexpat-1.dll? I only get libexpat-1.dll. I've tried putting the actual libexpat.dll binary in system as well as copying and renaming libexpat-1.dll. Both produce the same problem. And Xbmc just crashes immediately if system/libexpat.dll is missing entirely.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I had to replace %CUR_PATH% with "..\.." and %XBMC_PATH% with "..\..\..\.." in fontconfig_d.bat and libexpat_d.bat to get the download scripts to work on my system.
Hmm... I didn't have that problem. The getDeps.bat file worked correctly. It just wgets and extracts fontconfig and expat into include and lib folders. VS 2008 Express was able to compile without issue (after fixing config.h for LAME that is). It certainly would barf if it couldn't find the fontconfig and expat header files. It seems like it's building the complete solution, but XBMC.exe just hangs right after cpluff loads the default addons (some scrapers and the Confluence and PM3HD skins.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
PHP Code:
Indexfontconfig_d.bat
===================================================================
--- 
fontconfig_d.bat (revision 29986)
+++ 
fontconfig_d.bat (working copy)
@@ -
4,+4,@@

md tmp
 cd tmp

-echo Downloading fontconfig freetype6.dll ...
+echo 
Downloading fontconfig ^& freetype6.dll ...
 echo ------------------------------------------
 %
WGET"http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/fontconfig-dev_2.8.0-2_win32.zip"

%WGET"http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/fontconfig_2.8.0-2_win32.zip" 

maybe his batch is crashing before the wget? it works for me, but does echo an error message.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Debug Directx builds and runs fine for me on current svn, no changes necessary to build.

Release Directx does not build.

same error as you before your changes?

PHP Code:
Error 194 error BK1506 cannot open file '..\..\..\project\obj\ReleaseNASM\libmp3lame_dll\encoder.sbr'No such file or directory BSCMAKE

Error 189 error PRJ0019
A tool returned an error code from "Assembling fftsse..." libmp3lame_dll 
Nuka,

I've been building release. I don't have any problems with expat or fontconfig. They are definitely being fetched as I can build the entire solution without errors, but the executable just hangs on me. I'll try a debug build this evening for comparison.

To build lame, you need to add a executable path to VS to nasmw.exe. Wiso dropped it in trunk/tools/Win32BuildTools/nasmw.exe. After, you may get the errors about config.h missing.
thanks, i give release a try then.

i know you didn't have any problems with the builddep.bat. thought it may be an issue for the other person. but looking again at his fix, doesn't sound like it. though the & still should be escaped.
So, you produced a fully working debug release binary (sans lame)? The last working version I had was after the addons merge but before the dll's were pulled from trunk and compiled in the solution. Since the dll's rarely change, I may try pulling them from an old rev and dropping them in one at a time until i can get a working release binary.
ok here's what happens.

i first built debug directx. which built fine with no changes.

i then made the path change and release directx built fine.

what happened was, debug directx built the config.h file, so that's why release built fine after debug build.
release runs fine too. mp3's play. i did however run debug first which created all the databases and such.

this is running with the -p command line option.
Hmm. I guess I'll completely clean the solution, even deleting my forged config.h from lame, starting over fresh and try to build a debug binary.
I still can't get a working binary. After thoroughly cleaning the solution, I had to escape the & in fontconfig_d.bat. Interestingly, compiling a debug build seems to produce the missing config.h file for lame but a release build does not. Now, both release and debug binaries crash, not hang, so I get a crash log. It's something in the addons manager. I noticed that neither skins have a type field and it seems like thats a requirement.
PHP Code:
<type>skin</type
are in both confluence and pm3:hd skins description.xml files here

revision: 29995
ok so that's likely not an issue then. I was looking at addon.xml but now I see that's defined in description.xml when looking at the file thru the trac browser. Back to the drawing board this evening.
Compile release version of cpluff.dll , then build brand new setup with BuildSetup.bat, install the setup and put your compiled cpluff.dll in xbmc/system folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows build problems with current svn.0