Windows build problems with current svn.
I will try to compile it separately but I dont think that's the problem. Building the full solution builds cpluff.dll and puts the binary in trunk/system (along with some other dlls that are built as part of the solution -- libexif, libid3tag to name a few.)

BuildSystem.bat then just copies the trunk/system folder to its build_win32/xbmc/system.

And I know cpluff.dll is being built. I cleaned the solution, then manually removed every other file which was not in the svn for thoroughness. After building the full solution all the required dll's are in trunk/system, trunk/system/players/paplayer, and trunk/system/players/dvdplayer. The only exception the ones that get downloaded by the GetDeps.bat file.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Every binary I compile still crashes. I'm totally lost. But I figured out why I'm getting those errors about incorrect type in my log, and unless I'm missing something, this should probably be corrected in trunk...

ADDON::TYPE TranslateType() has some string matches which do not match the addons in trunk. In particular:
Code:
168      else if (string.Equals("xbmc.ui.screensaver")) return ADDON_SCREENSAVER;
169      else if (string.Equals("xbmc.player.musicviz")) return ADDON_VIZ;
173      else if (string.Equals("xbmc.gui.skin")) return ADDON_SKIN;

But the description.xml files for what's currently in trunk/addons/ contain:
Code:
<type>skin</type>
<type>screensaver</type>
<type>visualization</type>

But even after adding those to the list of string matches to get the correct type applied, I still produce a binary that crashes.

** edit **
I have to ask.... is anyone still using VSC++EE 2008? should I just bite the bullet and install the new VSC++EE 2010?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Yes, VS2008 here and Debug DX build works. Haven't tried release in a while though. The solution is actually more up to date in VS2008 than 2010.
vsc++EE 2008, windows xp-sp3, directx august 2009

running exe from the svn folder with -p switch
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Last night I synced to 30032 and still produced a crashing binary so I did a ton of debugging. I confrmed the crash is unrelated to the addons (though that string match seems incorrect to me). It's all related to Xbmc's window creation. Xbmc is apparently not enumerating my screen resolutions correctly.

The debug log in the past would include a list of every possible screen resolution. I don't get that anymore. All it reports is my current desktop res as 1920x1080 (which is correct) but Xbmc tries to initialize it's window with height and width of 0, on screen 0, in fullscreen mode.

I only have one monitor so I assume screen should be 1 because Xbmc attempts to create (screen-1) blank windows in CWinSystemWin32::CreateBlankWindows(). In my case, its trying to create -1 windows so I added a check to bail out false if < 0.

Regardless, Xbmc finally crashes somewhere in CWinSystemWin32::ResizeInternal(). I was getting tired so I didn't find out exactly where yet. But I would presume its because the initial screen properties are all screwed up which make a bad window handle. Back to the drawing board tonight. This evening I will try to manually force the resolution to be 1920x1080 and screen = 1 as a test.

I'm curious if this is related to the fact that I dumped my entire Application Data folder, losing my previous guisettings.xml file which would have the correct resolution info listed in it. Here's a link to the default guisettings.xml that Xbmc created:

http://pastebin.com/TL8pwERi

Look at the <resolution> section. The two resolutions listed have overscan corners of (0,0),(0,0).
OK, I may have done this with the 3+ screens support (SVN 29462). I refactored the screen detection at the same time.
Is there any way you could try before and after that revision, see if that did it?
What's your OS? Do you have a debug log?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Thanks for the assistance. I'm running Windows XP, and its kept up to date. This evening I will separately sync to r29461 (is that good enough?) and build it for a comparison point. I can get you the debug log and the crash file from my excessively debugged r30032 binary. The debug log doesn't provide much though. I've been stepping through Xbmc's initialization, trying to pinpoint where the crash occurs. And you've seen my findings, thus far.
A 29461/29462 comparison would be interesting and we'll take it from there.
Would you be prepared to apply custom patches to troubleshoot if it comes to that? Screen detection happens in CWinSystemWin32::UpdateResolutionsInternal() if you feel like tracing it.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
I will separately sync and build both those revisions (hopefully this evening) and report the results as soon as I can. I can apply patches, no problem. And thanks for the pointer on where the resolution detection comes from. I'll take a peek at that in 30032 as well.

** edit **
I was able to build and run r29461 without any problems whatsoever. I checked guisettings.xml and saw that it was populated with all my screen resolutions so I tried to use it with my previous build of r30032 but that still crashes. I'm building r29462 right now. I'll report back a bit later with the results of that version.

** edit **
CrystalP, you were right on the mark, r29462 is the culprit. PM me and let me know what you need to proceed.
good you found the issue. I have the crashing now also.

when i ran it on the computer that i compiled on, no issues. 1080p dell monitor.

but when i used the bat file to create an installer and installed it on another computer is when it crashes. this other computer is using hdmi to my tv (720p).
I'm sorry you have the problem now, but I'm glad that it's not isolated to just me Smile
Just reverting the two files changed in rev 29462 to 29461. did not solve this for me.

i'll see if i can revert to 29461 completely and confirm.
new svn crash on my laptop like the same problem, i'll try r29461
check if you have a libexpat.dll in the system dir which cpluff.dll requires.
i do not have that file in system dir or anywhere else in svn folder. i do have it in the installed expat 2.0.1 bin folder. which looks like is not needed anymore.

the dependicies bat file did install libexpat.lib and some expat header files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows build problems with current svn.0